In what could definitely be considered as the most barbaric of WWE events, Sunday night’s Hell in a Cell Pay-Per-View (8 ET/5 PT) in Atlanta will separate the men from the boys.
While the WWE championship battle between champ CM Punk and contender Ryback will likely get the most play, there are plenty of other contests that should be as equally if not more exciting.
Without further ado, here’s a look at tonight’s card:
* WWE championship – Can The Big Hungry Ryback put an end to Punk’s title run of more than 300 days? While John Cena had challenged Punk initially to meet him in Atlanta, the multi-champion Cena gave way to the latest challenger to Punk’s gold. While Ryback has been getting a major push as of late, still hard to see the champ losing. Prediction – Punk;
*World Heavyweight championship – In the other big title confrontation, champ Sheamus puts his gold on the line against The Big Show. While The Great White has been unstoppable in keeping the gold, could Show’s fist be the difference? Much like the WWE title match, I just don’t see Sheamus losing the gold. Prediction – Sheamus;
* Tag-Team championship – Can Team Hell No put their differences aside long enough to defeat number one challenges Team Rhodes Scholars? The latter have been on a role as of late, and something tells me they walk out Hell in a Cell with the gold. Look for something to trigger a dispute between the champs that leads one of them to cost their team the gold. Prediction – Team Rhodes Scholars;
* Divas championship – It looks like Eve’s manipulations and tricks to getting and retaining the belt may have finally caught up with her. In a triple threat match, Eve puts the title on the line against Layla and Kaitlyn. While it may be wishful thinking on my part, something tells me Kaitlyn walks out of Atlanta the champ. Prediction – Kaitlyn;
* Intercontinental championship – Can Kofi Kingston retain the gold against The Miz or will the latter regain the title he lost a week ago Wednesday on Main Event? My gut tells me The Miz comes out on the short end. Prediction – Kofi Kingston;
* Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio – While there is no gold on the line here, these two simply do not like each other. The WWE’s Apex Predator may find himself dealing with outside interference from Wade Barrett (just a hunch), but I still look for him to slither away with the victory. Prediction – Orton.
Whoever wins tonight, look for it to be a raucous Monday Night RAW some 24 hours later.