Your Beatles calendar for the week:
- The Fab Faux: Next show: Oct. 6, New York City. More info: www.thefabfaux.com.
- The Fab Four: Sept. 30, St. Louis, Mo.; Oct. 5, Iowa City, Iowa; Oct. 6, Mantako, Minn. Info: www.thefabfour.com.
- Laurence Juber: Oct. 3, Pierpoint, N.Y.; Oct. 4, Bethlehem, Pa.; Oct. 5, Avalon Theatre, Easton, Md. Info: www.laurencejuber.com.
- 1964: The Tribute: Next shows: Oct. 4, Frankfurt, Ky.; Oct. 5, Paintsville, Ky.; Oct. 6, Akron, Ohio. More info: www.1964thetribute.com.
- “Let It Be” with the Fab Four at the Prince of Wales Theatre, London. Starts. Sept. 22. Tickets available here.
- Oct. 2, 1971, John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ LP enters U.S. album chart.
- Oct. 3, 1968: Beatles record “Savoy Truffle.”
- Oct. 4, 1963: Beatles make first appearance on “Ready Steady Go” TV show.
- Oct. 4, 1969: “Abbey Road” hits top spot on UK album chart.
- Oct. 5, 1962: “Love Me Do” first released in the UK 50 years ago.
- Oct. 5, 2000: “Beatles Anthology” book released.
- Oct. 6, 1975: John Lennon awarded his “green card” giving him “permanent residency status.”
In the U.S.:
- Ringo Starr, “The Kids Are Alright,” 11 p.m. ET Oct. 3, 5StarMAX HD.
- George Harrison, “Time Bandits,” noon ET Oct. 6, Flix.
In the UK:
- “Sings the Beatles”: A look back through the BBC’s archives at memorable covers of Beatles songs. 2 a.m. Oct. 1 on BBC 4.
“Beatle Brunch”: Sept. 30: Songs and stories behind “Abbey Road.” Info: http://www.beatlebrunch.com/
“Things We Said Today”: The current show discusses the end of the All-Starr Band tour. The next show, up Monday, talks about the first new added shows on Paul McCartney’s On the Run Tour. Both are available on iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/things-we-said-today/id561769983?mt=2 (where you can subscribe to us), Fab4Radio.com and beatlesexaminer.podbean.com. You can also subscribe to the show’s RSS feed at http://beatlesexaminer.podbean.com/feed/.
“Fab 4 Free 4 All”: Review and discussion of Beatles “Anthology 2”. The show is available on iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/fab-4-free-4-all/id498965757?ign-mpt=… and at www.Fab4Free4all.com.
- “Chris Carter’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: Sept. 30: Featured: “Abbey Raod.” On Sirius / XM, Ch. 21 and KLOS-FM in Los Angeles at 9 a.m. ET. The Sirius show repeats at midnight ET. Information: www.breakfastwiththebeatles.com.
- “Every Little Thing”: Oct. 3: Two-hour John Lennon birthday special. The show airs this Wednesday night 8 to 10 p.m. ET on 88.7 WNHU, West Haven, CT, and can be streamed at www.wnhu.net. More info at www.kenmichaelsradio.com .The syndicated version of “Every Little Thing” is on Beatles-A-Rama Saturdays at 9 a.m. PT/noon ET.
- “Dennis Mitchell’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: Interviews with guitarist Joe Walsh, Ringo’s brother-in-law, and Melissa Davis, co-author of the exhaustive new reference book “The Beatles Bibliography.” On radio stations in the U.S., Sweden, Canada, New Zealand, U.K. and Germany, at the Cavern Club, the Hard Day’s Night Hotel and on Liver Radio in Liverpool, and online on MaccaRadio, Fab4Radio and Beatles-A-Rama and LV Classic Rock. Website: www.beatlesradioshow.com.
- “Beatles and Beyond”: Available through iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/beatles-and-beyond/id422885858?mt=2 or at http://toginet.com/shows/beatlesandbeyond.
- “The Beatledd Fab Four Hour”: Hosted by Edd Raineri and airs live on Fridays, 7-8 p.m. EST. You can listen live online at: www.http://wrkc.kings.edu. The program’s Facebook page is at: www.facebook.com/beatleddfabfourhour.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles”: Host Terri Hemmert serves up everything from rarities to covers to interviews to the hits. 8 to 10 a.m. local time Sundays, WXRT in Chicago. Also available streamed at http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/show/breakfast-with-the-beatles/.
- “Beatlesongs”: Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streaming at www.ncc.edu/whpc.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: The show airs from 7 to 9 a.m. ET Sundays on WMGK-FM 102.9 and 7-9 a.m. PT on KSLX-FM 100.7 in Phoenix.
- “Just Four Guys”: Latest show: “Beatle Name Dropping.” Latest show available at 4 p.m. ET Tuesdays at www.mvyradio.com. After that, shows archived at http://www.mvyradio.com/archives/index.php?browse=just_four_guys.
Have a Beatles event you’d like added here? Send to email@example.com with The Week Ahead in the subject.
(Copyright Stan. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine. Posting any of our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated.)
Don’t miss any of our Beatles columns on quadrust.com and the most complete online coverage of the Beatles. Subscribe to all of our Beatles columns: Beatles Examiner (http://quadrust.com/beatles-in-national/steve-marinucci), Paul McCartney Examiner (http://quadrust.com/paul-mccartney-in-national/steve-marinucci), George Harrison Examiner (http://quadrust.com/george-harrison-in-national/steve-marinucci) and Ringo Starr Examiner (http://quadrust.com/ringo-starr-in-national/steve-marinucci) columns to keep up with what’s really happening with the Beatles.
To subscribe to this column, click the button above. And follow us on Twitter at @stevemarinucci and please use the hashtag #beatlesexaminer. We’re also Stan on Facebook and at www.ufollow.com or at www.pinterest.com.