HM Queen Margarethe of Denmark travels to Greenland for three days of engagements and HRH Crown Prince Haakon of Norway travels to Haiti for the UN this week. Other highlights from the coming week in royal news:
Monday, October 29th –
- HRH Crown Princess Mary of Denmark will attend the 25th anniversary reception for the National Organization of Women’s Crisis Centre. She will also attend the annual launch of the Christmas Seal at City Hall.
- HRH Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, in his role as UN Goodwill Ambassador, will begin a three day visit to Haiti.
- HRH The Princess Royal makes a number of stops in Shropshire. She will open a new residence hall at Harper Adams University College and attend a dinner in her role as President of the Animal Health Trust. She will also open a new supportive living home in Shrewsbury.
- HRH Princess Maxima of the Netherlands attends the Africa Works! Conference in Zeist.
- Spain’s Infanta Elena opens an exhibition entitled “Goya and the Infante Don Luis: Exile and the Kingdom” at the Royal Palace in Madrid.
Tuesday, October 30th –
- HRH The Duke of Edinburgh will open the new Marine Building at Plymouth University and receive an Honorary Doctorate. Then, with HM Queen Elizabeth, the couple will attend “Our Extraordinary World – a Gala Celebration” at the Royal Opera House.
- HRH The Princess Royal is busy again today attending, among other engagements, a reception at the Scott Polar Research Institute in Cambridge. The Princess is Patron of the UK Antarctic Heritage Trust.
- TM King Harald V and Queen Sonja of Norway join HH Princess Astrid, Mrs. Ferner in attending the funeral service of Karin Stoltenberg. Queen Sonja will also open an exhibition entitled The Modern Eye at the Munch Museum in Oslo.
- HM Queen Margrethe begins a three day trip to Greenland. Her first engagement will be at the opening of the Arctic Command in Nuuk.
- Making a rare official engagement, HRH Prince Felix of Luxembourg will present the 2012 Luxembourg American Chamber of Commerce Business Award to Airtech Advance Materials Group, at the University Club in New York City.
Wednesday, October 31th –
- TRH Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde will be in Paris to attend a concert by the Royal Opera of Wallonia & choirs of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra of Liege.
- HRH The Prince of Orange has the honor of opening the Sarcoidosis Center in Rotterdam.
- HRH The Princess Royal’s calendar has her in Bristol Wednesday to take on a number of engagements. She will open the West of England Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre as well as open a new police station. She will also attend a reception for The Society of Merchant Venturers.
- TRH The Prince and Princess of Asturias will present the “Ones of Innovation and Enterprise Social Commitment Awards” in Madrid.
Thursday, November 1st –
- HM Queen Elizabeth and HRH Prince Philip will unveil the Diamond Jubilee Stained Glass Window at The Queen’s Chapel of the Savoy.
- HRH The Countess of Wessex will attend the 30th anniversary celebration of Orbis at the Royal Hospital in Chelsea. This will be in her role as Royal Patron of Vision 2020: The Right to Sight. Also on Thursday she will attend the WheelPower Dinner at the Bridgewater House.
- HRH The Princess Royal will be very busy again today. She will attend the Project Management Institute UK Chapter’s Synergy 2012 Conference and pay a visit to the Animal Health Trust UK Equestrian Awards at the Royal Lancaster Hotel. In addition, the Princess will have lunch at the Oxfor Diocesan Church House in her role as Patron of the St. Helena Diocesan Association and will have dinner at the Friends of Scottish Rugby Dinner.
- HRH Prince Henrik of Denmark will open an exhibition entitled “A French Affair” at the Base Station in Copenhagen.
- HRH Princess Maxima of the Netherlands speaks at a conference of international food stability.
Friday, November 2nd –
- HRH The Countess of Wessex will present medals at the Normandy Barracks to The Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps.
- HRH The Earl of Wessex plans to attend a concert to honor Fairfield’s Hall 50th anniversary
For complete royal calendars consult the official websites of each royal court or house.
Want to read more of the latest royal news? Then hit the “subscribe” link at the top of the page! You can also follow Royal News on Twitter or Facebook.