The Rolling Stones are playing a short warm-up gig tonight, in Paris, France. The information was posted at about 2 a.m. ET, on the band’s official Twitter account. Guitarist Ron Wood recently hinted the band might be playing some warm up shows in preparation for their upcoming concerts in London and New Jersey.
Here’s the information, in English and French:
- The Rolling Stones are playing a short warm-up gig tonight, Thursday 25th Oct, in Paris.
- 350 tickets go on sale at the Virgin Megastore, Champs-Elysees, at 12pm today, €15 each. Two tickets per person.
- Names will be printed on the tickets. On presentation of photo ID at the venue ticket holders will receive a wristband. Doors open at 8pm.
- Mobile phones, cameras, video equipment and recording devices are strictly prohibited.
- Les Rolling Stones vont donner un bref concert pour “un tour de chauffe” ce soir, jeudi 25 Octobre, à Paris.
- 350 billets sont mis en vente au Virgin Megastore des Champs Elysées, à MIDI, aujourd’hui, au prix de € 15. Chaque billet sera nominatif – A la salle, sur présentation de leur billet et de leur carte d’identité, un bracelet sera remis aux fans . Ouverture des portes à 20h00 – achat limité à 2 billets par personne.
- Téléphones portables, caméras, appareils photos et enregistreurs strictement interdits.
Update: Rocks Off, a fan-based message board, just posted:
The Stones will play their first gig for over five years at the 700 capacity TRABENDO in Paris tonight. 350 tickets costing €15 go on sale to the public at Virgin megastore, Avenue Champs- Elysees this morning. As normal with warm up gigs, it’ll be a relatively short gig (75 minutes or less has been the usual duration). Updates and photos will be on the relevant thread on our website message board. Good luck to anyone hoping for a ticket!
The band’s official Twitter page already tweeted pictures of fans in line.
The band was rumored to play a similar gig last July.
In other news, lead singer Mick Jagger tweeted yesterday, “Had a great video shoot today doing ‘Doom & Gloom’ (their new single) with the band & Noomi Rapace, directed by Jonas Åkerlund. Be out in Nov., hope you like it.” You can view the earlier version in the embedded clip on the left.
Keep up with Performing Arts Examiner news. Just click on Subscribe above, or follow @DylanExaminer on Twitter. Harold Lepidus also writes the Bob Dylan Examiner column. Thanks for your support.