Finding the right foundation for your skin is a challenging process, especially when there are countless foundation brands to choose from.
You want a foundation that will cover up your imperfections and not damage your skin at the same time. If you have acne or even acne scars you will realize that the average foundation does not provide the necessary coverage you need.
So how do you get the perfect cover up and finish?
First step, you have to know your skin type, this is essential because it helps you decide which type of foundation will complement your skin type.
Second step, find the right cleanser, toner, and moisturizer with SPF 15 + for your skin type. Sometimes changing your beauty regime could benefit your skin greatly, providing a better base for the foundation, ultimately giving you the best coverage.
Third step, prime your facial skin with a makeup primer. This helps smoothe your skin and diminish any apparent fine lines and pores to attain a flawlessly finish. Makeup primer also keeps your makeup foundation from creasing and smudging. A primer I highly recommend is the Prime Time Foundation Primer by bare minerals. This amazing primer extends the wear of my foundation (lasts longer and stays put), it contains plant extract, vitamin C & E, and antioxidants to nourish and sooth the skin, best of all its free of preservatives.
Fourth step, to achieve the perfect flawless coverage is to choose the right foundation. Foundations today come in numerous formulations: Tinted Moisturizer, Liquid Foundation, Mineral powder, cream to Powder foundation, mousse foundation, and Cream and stick Foundation. Each type of foundation will deliver different coverage results from sheer to full coverage. The right foundation for your skin type and tone will provide a more even skin tone and hide blemishes; it will also help your skin appear more vibrant and healthy. Different foundation formulations are for different skin types.
1. Tinted Moisturizer: Contain lightweight formulation that gives a sheer and natural look. This type of foundation is suited for people with normal to dry skin.
2. Liquid Foundation: Differs in formulation depending on the brand, it also provides a diverse coverage from sheer to full coverage. This type of foundation is suited for all skin types, again depending on the brand and the foundation itself.
3. Mineral Powder: Contains a lightweight formulation that gives a medium to full coverage. Best suited for medium to oily skin types.
4. Cream and Stick foundation: Provides a medium to full coverage, it also gives a natural finish. Best suited for people with normal to dry skin type.
5. Mousse foundation: Contains a lightweight formulation and provides a medium to full coverage. This foundation is best suited for normal to dry skin type.
6. Cream to Powder foundation: contains a lightweight formulation that gives medium to full coverage. Best suited for people with normal to oily skin.
I prefer creamier products as they blend easier thus they look more flawless. I have tried every possible texture, to be able to find the products I really recommend. I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts, so i am very careful when choosing foundations as some of them contain oil. My skin tone is beige with a yellow and neutral undertone. The products below are great for oily skin, and i have not experienced any breakouts using them.
Makeup Forever :
5 camouflage palette no. 3
Matte Velvet Foundation in shade 40
Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in shade: Sand
Luminous Silk Foundation in shades: 5 and 5.5
Maestro Fusion Spectrum Foundation in shade 5
Maestro Eraser concealer in shade 3
Original SPF 15 Foundation in Medium Beige
Ready SPF 20 Foundation in Medium Beige
Healthy Glow Foundation Second-Skin Effect in 02 Brunettes
High Definition Concealer in shade Light
Tip: You can use your concealer to cover your acne scars or any discolorations on your skin, then apply your foundation for a flawless look.
The above products are essentials in my kit as i rotate them depending on the season and the kind of look i am trying to achieve. My # 1 favorite would be Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation, the coverage and finish are just impeccable.
There are other great brands there, but these are the ones I use and I absolutely love each one.