The Obama administration has been in cover-up mode since 9/11. However, the chickens are coming home to rest. The question is whether the administration can keep their fingers in the dike for ten more days and prevent any further leaks. Additionally they need to hope that their main stream media supporters will not defect on this issue.
Since the 7 hour battles in Benghazi on 9/11 that resulted in the death of the US ambassador and 3 security personnel (ex-SEALS) we were told for 3 weeks that it was the result of an anti-Muslim video. Since then we have learned that:
• The State Department was monitoring the fire fights in real time
• Emails updating the situation and requesting assistance went to the White House situation room and the State Department while the President and Secretary of Defense were meeting in the oval office
• The President and Vice President tried to claim that the intelligence was not clear, however the recently leaked emails show that while the fights were going on that the CIA knew who the attackers were from their TWEETS.
• There was a drone on station providing real time imagery
• There are videos of the entire assault that are “classified”
• There were specter gunships only an hour away, but three requests for support were denied. The former SEALs were even able to laser designate targets for pinpoint attacks on heavy weapons and mortar positions, but there were no systems to attack these enemy weapons
• The Secretary of Defense has criticized Monday morning quarterbacks
• The CIA has now denied that it refused any requests for support
• It is rumored that General Ham commander of Africa Command (AFRICOM) received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready. General Ham subsequently received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. He was then relieved from command.
This weekend Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) director General (ret) Petraeus emphatically denied that anyone at the CIA refused to assist and give support to former Navy SEALs who requested it three times. The CIA said “We can say with confidence that the Agency reacted quickly to aid our colleagues during that terrible evening in Benghazi.” “Moreover, no one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate. In fact, it is important to remember how many lives were saved by courageous Americans who put their own safety at risk that night-and that some of those selfless Americans gave their lives in the effort to rescue their comrades.”
The CIA statement then begs the question of who decided to not support the beleaguered ambassador and his security team? Would the secretary of defense make such a decision on his own? No. It would have been a presidential decision.
Recent attempts to get at the truth have been unsuccessful:
• A reporter in Denver asked President Obama directly whether the Americans in Benghazi were denied requests for support. Although Obama implied that he had known about the attacks as they were happening, he completely dodged the question, giving a ‘non-answer.’
• The State Department cut off questions from reporters about Libya during a press briefing in Washington on Friday.
It seems that the only one talking until after the election is Petraus who has been directly accused by the administration that the CIA would not offer support. That left him with Two options:
1. To lie for the president, or
2. To point to the one man where the buck stops, whether he likes it or not–President Obama.
Governor Romney has argued that the administration sought to bury the Benghazi FIASCO because it is emblematic of the administration’s policy. The American people need to know the truth,