Before us stands an opportunity to grow and expand our thinking from that of political and religious egoism, to the limitless and energetic power of spirit.
* How do we bridge the gap that would divide and conquer, rather than unite?
* Why can’t we come to the realization that church and state cannot be bedfellows?
* When will religion stop using their pulpits to advance their ideology, and government cease from using their religious affiliations as a whip to control manage, and ultimately work toward denying the rights of women to govern their own lives?
Here we are in the twenty-first century, still trying to close the great divide that exists between cultures, lifestyles, religions and party politics. We, as a humanity, can bridge this divide, by simply observing the results of ego based living throughout history; moreover, realizing that we are missing the mark, because spirituality is the missing piece of the puzzle. Ask yourself:
* Are we a safer, better, more evolved humanity?
*Are there fewer wars, less starvation, and guns on our streets?
* Have murders, kidnappings, rapes, sexual and physical abuse declined?
* Have we grown in acceptance, understanding and tolerance of those who’s views, choices and paths differ from ours?
* Do we have more or less faith in our political and religious affiliations?
* Do we live in a time of less fear, faith and trust in a brighter tomorrow?
Bridging the gap between ego based ideologies that exclude rather than include will take courage, faith and trust. It will demand that:
* We expand our thinking:
* Walk, talk, live and draw our strength, peace and energy from spirit;
* Not accept or fall victim to negative forecasts, that make for great ratings, but deflate our spirit by carrying an air of doom and gloom.
*Be an example of open mindedness, unity and oneness.
To be, accomplish, and realize the goodness in and of life, we must take off our rose colored glasses, so we might see clearly our purpose.
It’s evident a divide exists on many levels in our country and the world at large; still, I believe and have faith that inner and outer peace and freedom is not an illusion, but a reality that can be ours individually and collectively, if we have the courage to scale the mountain and cross the divide.
* Choose to be a spiritual and eternal optimist.
* Choose to be a builder, healer, and an example of love, peace, fairness, understanding; moreover, reflect an openess of spirit that invites all in, and honors their beingness.
* Support those who reflect a spirit of truth, encouragement, inspiration, and authenticity.
* Support those whose vision is clear, deliberate and inclusive.
* Support those whose agenda and platform offers freedom of choice, with all the equality, freedom and justice that comes with it.
* Support those who are fearless in pursuit of fairness for all, rather than special interests.
Now is the time to “call our spirits back” to re-create ourselves and our world anew! Practice limitless thinking! Take a leap of faith!