Today, WND reported that the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) not only labeled WND and other conservative organizations as “hate groups”, it is also spending massive amounts of money to promote hate-crime propaganda against non-violent conservative groups.
The SPLC stated mission as a nonprofit civil rights group is to fighting hate and bigotry but appears to take on any organization or individuals it disagrees with.
WND stated that it has reported extensively on how the organization ignores left-leaning groups, choosing instead to exclusively list conservative groups as so-called “hate” organizations.
WND Journalist, Jack Minor, a former Marine who served under President Reagan reported last year that this would occur when he profiled, James Simpson’s report, “Southern Poverty Law Center, Wellspring of Manufactured Hate” and J. Matt Barber who reported on Liberal violence rising.
While several groups on the Southern Poverty Law Center hate-group list such as the KKK, the Black Panther Party, Aryan Nation, Muslim Jihadists, are justified, their role has expanded to include groups who are not a threat, conservative organizations such as WND and Tea Party groups.
Who are some of the conservative groups the SPLC targets?
• American Family Association, (AFA) who promotes traditional moral values with Conservative Christian views.
• The Conservative Christian organization, Family Research Council (FRC), the leading voice for the families.
• Frank Gaffney Jr., President of the Center for Security Policy who warns of Islamic radicalism.
• American Border Patrol/American Patrol, who the SPLC accuses of being anti-immigration when illegals cross the border. American Border Patrol is the only non-governmental organization (NGO) that monitors the border on a regular basis outside the Federal government.
• Joseph Francis Farah, Founder of WND and the accusation by the SPLC? Farah being a part of the Patriot Movement.
Other organizations include, the Liberty Counsel, affiliated with Liberty University Law School in Lynchburg, Va., founded by the late Christian conservative, Jerry Falwell; Coral Ridge Presbyterian founded by the late Christian Rev. D. James Kennedy, and Accuracy in Media, a conservative watch group against liberal biased media.
The common denominator of these organizations and individuals that the SPLC accuses of being “hate groups” happen to be Christian.
The SPLC omits liberal organizations that include, socialist George Soros and his affiliated organizations; liberal media outlets The Daily Koz and Media Matters; liberal political organizations include SEIU, MoveOn.org, and the Huffington Post.
WND reported that the SPLC received funding from George Soros, who recently donated $1.5 million to help re-elect President Obama, the Daily Kos, SEIU, MoveOn.org, the Huffington Post and Media Matters and extended its reach into organizations that are far from being hate-groups.
On how conservative and not liberal organizations make the SPLC “hate group” list, Capital Research Center Vice President Scott Walter told Minor, “That’s how you go from the Aryan Nations and KKK to listing the tea party and FRC as a hate group.”