The Rochester Americans promotional schedule for the 2012-13 American Hockey League season kicks off Friday, Oct. 19, with the fifth annual “Sweets in the Suites Night” presented by Tops Friendly Markets when the Amerks host the Grand Rapids Griffins at 7:05 p.m. at The Blue Cross Arena.
In the spirit of Halloween, any fan age 12 or under who comes to the game in costume can purchase a $12 ticket in the best available seating location, while adults in costume can purchase tickets for $15. In addition, the first 1,000 fans ages 12 and under will receive a free Amerks pillowcase for trick-or-treating. During the first intermission, all children ages 12 or younger will have the opportunity to trick-or-treat on the suite level and collect treats courtesy of Tops.
The second intermission will feature a costume contest and parade, with the winner of the contest earning the chance to go trick-or-treating with the Amerks mascot – the Moose – on Halloween Night in the Greater Rochester Area.
Sweets in the Suites Night is the first of several events and theme nights scheduled to take place during the season. Other theme nights include:
• Friday, Nov. 9 – Salute to the Troops Night in honor of Veterans Day.
• Friday, Nov. 30 – Mullets, Mustaches and Movember to celebrate the month-long “Movember” initiative as players grow mustaches to help raise awareness for men’s health. T-shirt giveaway included for the first 1,000 fans in attendance courtesy of Urology Associates of Rochester.
• Friday, Dec. 21 – Festive Sweater Night including a post-game skate for fans.
• Saturday, Dec. 29 – Second annual Knee Hockey Tournament before the Amerks game vs. Binghamton.
• Monday, Dec. 31 – “ROC” in the New Year with the Amerks with a ROCkin New Year’s Eve postgame skate.
• Friday, Jan. 11 – Men’s Health Night presented by Urology Associates of Rochester.
• Monday, Jan. 21 – Hometown Heroes Game honoring local police officers, firefighters and teachers during the Martin Luther King Day game.
• Sunday, Feb. 17 – Kidz Club Night featuring a Teddy Bear Toss, Moose’s birthday celebration, post-game skate and a Wendy’s folder giveaway.
• Sunday, March 10 – “Pucks & Paws Night” as the Amerks encourage fans to bring their dogs to the game. There is also a postgame skate for families (no dogs).
• Friday, March 15 – Irish Night presented by Molson/Coors to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
• Friday, April 19 and Saturday, April 20 – Fan Appreciation Weekend will be a two-game event this year as the Amerks thank their great fans, with a post-game skate following the Friday game.
For more information, visit www.amerks.com.