Real estate agents are hired for their expertise. Experience levels and specific performance is unique to each individual agent. A friend or relative, with a real estate license, may not possess the credentials required to sell your property or represent you as a buyer. Just as there are different types of medical professionals, real estate agents should be interviewed to determine their precise talents, knowledge and proficiency.
The following questions will assist you in making a real estate agent match:
- Did the agent return your call in a timely fashion? Communication is integral to representation, information, follow up and professional direction.
- Is the real estate agent tech savvy? Technology expertise is indispensable for accurate comparison market analysis, listing access, online marketing and promotion.
- Where does the agent live and conduct business? Local agents are familiar with your community and are accessible to meet your needs.
- Is this a full time occupation for the agent you are considering to hire? The agent committed to their profession will dedicate their time to focus on your needs.
- What is the track record of the prospective real estate agent? A short term agent selling homes quickly and efficiently due to staging experience, communication skill and marketing direction may bring different talents than a long term agent with experience in putting a sign in the front yard and letting it all happen in due time. Ask for a specific performance plan.
- What specific real estate concentration is the agent proficient? An agent primarily representing commercial listings will have a different expertise than an agent knowledgeable with residential sales.
Real estate agents willing to listen will be to your benefit. If you are in the market for a home and specifically state you do not want a built in swimming pool, the agent should not be arranging for you to view a home with a pool. A home seller requesting information for preparing their property for sale needs an agent direct with information and time to determine areas requiring immediate attention.
Profit from the expertise of your real estate agent by taking into consideration action with the information provided. Ask a lot of questions.
Your comments are always welcome. Subscribe to my articles before leaving by clicking on the subscribe button. The subscription will automatically email you my newly published articles.