Weekends are always busy days with so many activites planned. Even when you plan on staying in there is still lots to do. The house needs cleaning and the laundry needs to be washed, dried and put away. Lots of weekend dinners consist of left-overs to make meal time easier. Preparing a snack that is easy to make one weekend will be a treat for the family. We all love the taste of pizza and cooking up a dip or fondue that resembles its flavor is sure to be a hit. Adding a little pepperoni will spice up the flavor and add a little texture to the fondue. A little snack in the afternoon to enjoy when a late dinner is planned. Or maybe it is movie night and instead of chips and pretzels try this pepperoni flavored pizza fondue as a dip with some healthy vegetables to snack on while the movie is playing.
Jackson residents can shop at any of these local grocery stores Reeves Grocery, Stringers Grocery, J & M Grocery, Pick’n Save or Wal-mart for all the ingredients needed for this recipe.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans of cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can of pizza sauce
- ½ cup of whole milk
- ½ cup pepperoni shredded
- 2 cups of pizza flavored shredded cheese
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of Parmasean cheese
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- 2/3 teaspoon of oregano
- In a medium sized sauce pan add the soup, sauce, milk and spices together.
- Cook over a medium heat until the soup is very warm.
- Then add the cheese and pepperoni.
- Stir the pizza fondue and continue cooking until the cheese is completely melted.
- Transfer to a fondue pot so that the pizza mixture stays warm the whole time it is being served.
- Serve as a dip with a vegetable platter and enjoy the fondue.
- Set out thin bread sticks for dipping.
- Cube bread and toast lightly in the oven and set out toothpicks or thin wooden skewers so guests can grasp the cubed bread and dip into the fondue.
© 2012 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner.
Subscribe to any of my topics to receive e-mail updates (spam free) whenever I post a new article!
You can also follow me on: Twitter, Digg and Facebook – fans pages are: Jackson Cooking, Home and Living and Healthy Living.