Yum, yum, yum! These decadent brownies are topped with creamy peanut butter and a simple chocolate ganache. They are delicious for a sweet dessert or an after-raking or possibly after-shoveling snack aka reward with a hot cup of tea.
Peanut butter topped brownies
• 1 package (1 pound 2.3 ounces) fudge brownie mix
• Water, oil and eggs for brownie mix according to box directions
• ½ cup butter
• ½ cup peanut butter
• 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
• 2 teaspoons milk
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
• ¼ cup butter
1. Coat bottom of 13 x 9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Make brownies according to package directions.
3. Bake as directed in 350* oven. Cool completely.
4. In a medium bowl, beat together ½ cup butter, peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth.
5. Spread over cooled brownies.
6. In microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter together for 30-60 seconds on high setting. Stir until smooth.
7. Cool for 10 minutes before spreading over peanut butter filling.
8. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until set.
Makes 18-24 brownies.