Di Bonaventura Pictures and DreamWorks SKG in association with Hasbro are in development on the Paramount Pictures science fiction action film “Transformers 4”. The casting directors are auditioning actors for the new lead roles in the film, as neither Shia LaBeouf or Rosie Huntington-Whiteley are returning. The female lead role being cast is a 17 to 19 year old female who can play high school senior age, and another male supporting/lead role is mid-30s, Caucasian. Steely, Unit leader of a military special ops team. Shooting will take place in various locations beginning May 20, 2013 running through October, 2013. This film is currently being referred to as “Untitled Transformers Sequel” and will hit theaters on June 27, 2014.
Details on how talent can submit for acting roles, and registration information for extras can be found on the following casting post:
Paramount Pictures “Transformers 4” Auditions and Casting Calls
Directors Guild of America DGA Award winner Michael Bay will return to direct his fourth installment of the film series from a screenplay written by Ehren Kruger, who also wrote “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” and “Transformers: Dark of the Moon”. Bay has said that this will be his final installment in the franchise, however Hasbro has stated that they would like to continue making additional Transformers films with or without Michael Bay. Writer Ehren Kruger’s other credits include “Arlington Road,” “Scream 3 & 4,” “The Ring,” “The Skeleton Key,” and “The Brothers Grimm”. Three-time Academy Award winner Steven Spielberg will again executive produce.
Foreign talent must be legally eligible to work in the in the United States, and minors must have the proper work permits and Coogan account.
The Los Angeles Actors Resource Guide eBook includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in the United States:
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• California Child Actor Permit Application
• California Minors Summary Chart
• Child Actor Coogan Trust Deposit Instructions
• California Division of Labor Standards Offices
• Immigration Work Permit Information
• Non-Immigrant Visa Application
In addition to the following Los Angeles Actors Resources:
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Los Angeles Casting Directors List
• Los Angeles Extras Casting Directors List
• Los Angeles Talent Agents List
• General Talent Agent Information
• Los Angeles Acting Classes List
• Acting Classes for Young Actors in Los Angeles
• Los Angeles Headshot Photographers List
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous Los Angeles Resources
• Actors Unions
• PDF Users Guides
The Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.