We all enjoy a little snack every now and then. Something bite-sized is perfect. Just pop one in your mouth to experience a variety of tastes and textures. This is a sweet snack, perfect for after dinner, when a quick pick-me-up is needed and they look great during the autumn season. A cute decorative look, add a few around a pie or cake plate at Halloween or Thanksgiving.
- Ritz bits peanut butter sandwiches
- Hershey’s kisses
- Semisweet chocolate morsels
- Creamy peanut butter or melted chocolate to hold this little treat together
- Place a small dab of peanut butter in the center of a cookie side of one mini peanut butter sandwich to hold a single chocolate chip morsel.
- Smear more peanut butter on the other side of the little sandwich and press a candy kiss into it.
- Gently place them on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper to set.
- Transfer the finished little acorn snacks to a candy dish and serve.
- Place one acorn snack gently on top of a parfait glass filled with pudding.
- Decorate a pumpkin pie with a few acorns around the crusts edge.
Candy is currently being stocked on the shelves at Wal-mart just waiting to get clawed for when all the little goblins strut around in their costumes on Halloween. Pick up the ingredients locally in Jackson while these items are on sale and be prepared when you have time to create these little acorn snacks so your goblins won’t have to forage for something sweet before, during or after the holidays.
© 2012 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner.
Subscribe to any of my topics to receive e-mail updates (spam free) whenever I post a new article!
You can also follow me on: Twitter, Digg and Facebook – fans pages are: Jackson Cooking, Home and Living and Healthy Living.