JAB Broadband/Digis/Skybeam/Rhino Communications/T6 Broadband is a fast growing Company, comprised of one of the nation’s largest fixed wireless broadband service providers. They provide wireless broadband internet and digital voice telephone service to residential and business customers in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Nebraska, Nevada, Illinois, Texas and Oklahoma. Utilizing the latest wireless technology, JAB’s network provides exceptional performance, security, and reliability all at low everyday prices.
There is an opening for a Network Engineer I position. The position offers an hourly rate depending upon experience and location as well as a competitive benefits package which includes Paid Time Off and healthcare coverage. When you submit your resume, be sure to submit your wage requirements with your resume.
The Network Engineer I position is responsible for Wide Area Network (WAN) engineering and the development and maintenance of a large wireless-wired internet Service Provider (ISP) network. The position ensures that the Company’s WAN is tuned for optimum performance. The Network Engineer I also assists with system administration. The position maintains consistent interaction with the Company’s installation and customer care departments to prevent and proactively address issues concerning direct and indirect impact on customer.
- Monitor and optimize local and wide area networks for optimal performance and maximum availability.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and resolver WAN performance and capacities, identify problem areas, bottleneck and network problems; use various network tools to provide resolution for system issues; maintain, monitor and perform WAN configuration backups; prepare WAN system documentation.
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of new technical solution requirements to extend monitoring tools for network devices.
- Administer the WAN, hardware, circuits and carrier relations; assist in the administration of the Local Area Network (LAN), hardware and software.
- Valid driver license to drive within the Company geographical footprint.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic understanding of PHP, Perl Pythos, Shell scripting, Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS) and Red Hat/Centos; working towards Cisco Certified Network Analyst (CCNA) certification preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must comply with Company Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) established safety policies and requirements.
T6 Broadband – Human Resources – 1890 W. Chrysler Dive – Belvidere, IL 61008