Between a busy career, the kids, a slew of after-school activities and the never ending household chores, if you’re like many Americans, there just isn’t enough time in the day to get everything accomplished. Americans are just plain tuckered out! This particular holiday serves as a reminder to slow down and smell the roses and be grateful for the special people in our lives.
National Wife Appreciation Day
Depending on the holiday calendar, Sept. 16 (or the third Saturday or third Sunday in September) is National Wife Appreciation Day, an annual “holiday” that reminds husbands and partners to show that significant other just how much she means to you. While we all may take each other for granted from time-to-time, it’s important to remind each other how much we value one another. Life is short. We never know what tomorrow will bring. Remind that special lady in your life how much you appreciate her.
You don’t need to spend an arm-and-a-leg to remind her how much you care. Just a little token of your appreciation will do! Surprise her!
How to Celebrate Wife Appreciation Day
- Clean the house.
- Give her a gift certificate for a free massage or spa treatment.
- Hire a sitter and give her a day off!
- Flowers are always good.
- Cook (or cater) a romantic dinner for her. Don’t forget the dessert!
- Surprise her with a romantic picnic! And if the weather doesn’t cooperate – no worries. Spread out the blanket, pop open the picnic basket and enjoy an indoor picnic for two.
- Make it movie night! Pick up a few of her favorite flicks, grab a few bottles of bubbly, some sweet treats to eat and cuddle up like the good old days. No electronic devices allowed!
- If you love wine, invite a few friends over for a wonderful wine tasting party. Ask them to bring their favorite bottle of vino.
- Wash and/or detail her car for her.
- Write her a heartfelt poem or letter, like you used to.
- Fill the tub with her favorite bath product, turn on the flameless candles and turn off the lights, pour her a glass of her favorite wine and let her soak her troubles away.
- Put together a collage or album with special photos.
- If you have old video tapes lying around, convert them to DVDs and enjoy a nostalgic trip down memory lane.
- Plan a weekend getaway! No kids allowed!
- Renew your wedding vows.
September 16 is also National Play-Doh Day, National Stepfamily Day, Working Parents Day and National Guacamole Day! And by the way, ladies, Husband Appreciation Day is coming up!