On the heels of September’s National Drink Beer Day, October is starting off with a big bang by celebrating another classic spirit. October 4 is National Vodka Day! While the origins of this holiday are unknown, this super smooth drink is nearly tasteless, odorless and colorless, making it the perfect spirit for mixers.
Vodka, which means “water” in Russian, can be made out of just about anything that can be fermented including potatoes, grains, grapes or beets? Add a bit of water, filter and voila. You can even make your own, one-of-a-kind vodka infusions.
In honor of National Vodka Day, why not try one of two of the refreshing vodka cocktails listed below? Now, that’s the spirit!
30 Killer Vodka Cocktail Recipes
- Sex on the Beach – With a name like that, it must be good, right? This popular, top-rated cocktail calls for vodka, peach schnapps, cranberry and orange juice.
- The Oral Pleasure – This drink calls for silver tequila, blood orange puree, pear liqueur, blood orange bitters and a Twizzler.
- Classic Vodka Martini – Dry vermouth and chilled vodka poured into a chilled martini glass and you’re good to go!
- Dirty Vodka Martini – This popular drink calls for dry vermouth, vodka and olive brine.
- Pumpkin Pie Martini – Perfect for this time of year, this 5-star cocktail, from Sandra Lee, calls for brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, granulated sugar, half-and-half, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, sparkling water, vodka and ice.
- Chocolate Martini – You’ll need crème de cacao and vodka for this martini recipe. Don’t forget the ice.
- Godiva Chocolate Martini – If you’re sweet tooth is craving some chocolate right about now, check out this drink! Besides vodka, you’ll need crème de cacao, half-and-half and Godiva chocolate liqueur.
- Apple Martini – Here’s another 5-star twist on a classic martini recipe.
- Espresso Martini – This drink calls for vodka, cold espresso coffee, Kahlua and Simple Syrup.
- Ina Tina – You’ll need fresh raspberries, lime juice, Simple Syrup, orange-flavored vodka, Triple Sec and a lime slice for this 5-star recipe from Ina Garten.
- Screwdriver – Talk about simple. All you need for this drink is vodka and fresh squeezed orange juice.
- Bloody Mary – This popular drink calls for vodka, tomato juice, red hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, celery stalk, salt and pepper.
- Absolut Bloody Mary – Kick that Bloody Mary up a notch with a little horseradish!
- Harvey Wallbanger – This classic cocktail calls for vodka, Galliano, orange juice and an orange wedge.
- Mrs. Baxton’s Long Island Iced Tea – While these taste like the real deal, this popular drink packs a punch! You’ll need vodka, gold tequila, Cointreau or Triple Sec, rum, gin, sweet and sour mix, cola and a lime wedge for this 5-star beverage.
- Absolut White Russian – You’ll need milk, Kahlua and Absolut vodka for this drink.
- Black Russian – This simple drink calls for Kahlua, Vodka and ice.
- Vodka Tonic – You’ll need vodka, tonic water and a lemon wedge for garnish.
- Cranberry Vodka Tonic – If you like cranberries, check out this 5-star cocktail.
- Candy Corn Vodka Tonic – Looks and tastes just like candy corn! And speaking of candy corn, National Candy Corn Day is coming up this month!
- Cosmopolitan – Carrie Bradshaw would love this one!
- The French Cosmo – You’ll need vodka, cassis, pineapple juice and a slice of pineapple for this Cosmo.
- Salty Dog – Besides vodka, you’ll need grapefruit juice, Simple Syrup, coarse salt and ice.
- Lemon Drop – You’ll need vodka, orange liqueur, superfine sugar, lemon juice, ice, lemon peel and some superfine sugar.
- Blackberry Crush – This pretty cocktail, from Martha Stewart, calls for blackberries, lemon juice, Simple Syrup, vodka, ice, Seltzer and a fresh mint sprig.
- Absolut Bellini – You’ll need vodka, Peach Puree and some Champagne for this one.
- Mud Slide – You’ll need vodka, cream, Kahlua and cream liqueur for this drink.
- Pierced Fuzzy Navel – This 5-star drink calls for peach schnapps, grenadine, orange juice, vodka and ice cubes.
- Hairy Navel – This drink calls for peach schnapps, orange juice and vodka.
- FREE Vodka Cocktail Recipe Booklet – For even more vodka cocktail recipes, download this free booklet from Three Olives.
If you are in the mood for a fabulous cocktail but don’t have the time, or all the ingredients, to shake and stir, check out Cocktail Rx, a line of easy-to-make cocktail mixes. From frozen Margarita and Cosmo drinks to a slew of refreshing shakers, you’ll be whipping up cocktails in no time with these handy dandy mixes.
As always, please drink responsibly. Cheers! October 4 is also World Animal Day, International Toot Your Flute Day and National Taco Day, which means FREE and cheap tacos across America!