When it comes to fun and delicious holidays, Sept. 12 is a biggy. Not only is it National Video Games Day, but it’s also National Chocolate Milkshake Day! Sweet! What could be better than sipping on a creamy chocolaty treat after a strenuous video game?
National Chocolate Milkshake Day
While the origins are unknown, National Chocolate Milkshake Day is an annual food holiday dedicated to the cool combination of decadent chocolate and creamy ice cream served in a glass. Whether you sip yours with a straw or eat it with a spoon, chocolate milkshakes are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and that chocolate craving.
In honor of this delicious holiday, why not whip up one or two of the recipes listed below? There are even a few milkshakes for adults as well! And be sure to print out this adorable free printable while you’re at it!
Decadent Chocolate Milkshake Recipes & Cocktails
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Milkshake – One word sums it up. WOW!
- Double Chocolate Marshmallow Milkshake – If you love chocolate, check out this 5-star recipe from Bobby Flay! You’ll need heavy cream, vanilla extract, marshmallow fluff, whole milk, chocolate ice cream, bittersweet chocolate and chocolate sauce.
- Cocoa Chocolate Shake – You’ll need Hershey’s Cocoa, milk, sugar and chocolate or vanilla ice cream for this easy-to-make shake.
- Thick Chocolate Shake – This recipe calls for milk, instant chocolate drink mix and vanilla ice cream. Don’t forget the blender.
- Banana Chocolate Milkshake – This top-rated shake recipe calls for skim milk, cocoa, vanilla extract, 1 ripe banana and ice cubes.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake – You’ll need mint chocolate chip ice cream, vanilla bean ice cream and whole milk for this one.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Espresso Shake – You’ll need frozen banana, creamy peanut butter, skim or unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and espresso for this delicious drink.
- Mexican Chocolate Breakfast Shake – If you’re looking for something different for breakfast, check this recipe out. You’ll need cocoa powder, cinnamon, one banana, old-fashioned oat, honey or agave nectar and almond, soy or coconut milk.
- Chocolate Avocado Milkshake – This unusual milkshake recipe, from the Skinny Chef, calls for an avocado, brown sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla extract and skim milk.
- Grown-Up Milkshake – This 5-star recipe, from the Neelys, calls for vanilla ice cream, coffee and white chocolate liqueur, brandy and whipped cream. Yum!
- Bailey’s Chocolate Milkshake – This simple recipe with a buzz, calls for chocolate fudge sauce, milk, chocolate ice cream and Bailey’s Irish Cream. Delish!
- Spicy Chocolate Milkshakes – This delicious drink, from Giada De Laurentiis, is a little bit of sweet and a little bit of spicy.
- Butterscotch Chocolate Milkshake – This creamy drink calls for Irish Cream, butterscotch schnapps, chocolate caramel coffee creamer and ice. Oh my!
- Spiked Milkshake – This 5-star recipe calls for coffee-flavored liqueur, dark rum, seltzer, crushed coffee beans, bittersweet chocolate, malt powder and chocolate ice cream!
- Chocolate Milkshake – This cool recipe calls for crème de cacao, Kahlua, Irish cream, milk and ice cubes.
Happy National Chocolate Milkshake Day! For more wild, wacky and wonderful holidays, be sure to visit Holidailys – your number one source for holidays.