For many people, October 31 is one of the best holidays in the year! Not only is it Halloween and National Knock Knock Jokes Day, it’s also National Caramel Apple Day! Who can resist the sweet or sour apple coated with layers of ooey gooey golden caramel?
While the origins of this annual food holiday are unknown, today is all about sweet treats! Whether you dip ‘em or roll ‘em, why not celebrate National Caramel Apple Day by indulging in one or two of the delicious recipes listed below? All the little ghosts and ghouls in your family will be ever so grateful!
15 Caramel Apple Dishes, Desserts & Cocktails
- Caramel Apples – This basic recipe calls for 6 apples, milk and 1 package of individually wrapped caramels.
- Easy Caramel Apples – You’ll need 4 “firm” apples, chopped nuts, chocolate, a bag of caramels and popsicle sticks for this recipe.
- Kittencal’s Caramel Apples – You’ll need butter, brown sugar, light corn syrup, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, tart apples and wooden sticks for this recipe.
- Easy Caramel Apples with a Gourmet Flair – Kick those apples up a notch with this fun recipe! You can even give these gourmet apples as gifts!
- Caramel Apples for the Crockpot – You’ll need 2 packages of caramels, 8 apples and sticks for the apples. Don’t forget the crock pot.
- Caramel Apple Bars – Forget the sticks! This recipe, from Betty Crocker, looks fabulous!
- Apple Chips and Caramel Dip – This recipe, from Southern Living, calls for 1 package of cream cheese, dark brown sugar, vanilla extract, granulated sugar and fresh apple slices.
- Caramel Apple Brownie Cheesecake – OMG! ‘Nuff said!
- Caramel Apple Cider Cocktail – Fair warning. This drink looks amazing!
- UV Caramel Appletini – You’ll need UV Green Apple vodka, butterscotch schnapps, caramel candies and green apple slices for garnish.
- Caramel Apple Cocktail – This drink calls for apple cider, butterscotch schnapps, sparkling wine and maraschino cherries for garnish.
- Candy Apple Martini – This top-rated drink calls for vodka, butterscotch schnapps, Sourtz apple liqueur and cranberry juice.
- Caramel Apple Martini – This recipe calls for 3 ingredients – vodka, butterscotch schnapps and Sour Apple Pucker.
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Cocktail – You’ll need Goldschlager, apple cider and caramel liqueur for this one.
- Caramel Sour Apple Shooter – You’ll need butterscotch schnapps and Sour Apple Pucker schnapps for this simple shooter.
And for even more Halloween ideas, check out the following crafts, recipes and activities below:
- Halloween Fudge: Simple 2-ingredient fudge recipe for trick-or-treat time
- Top 10 ‘Howl-ween’ pet safety tips: Keep Fido and Fluffy safe on Halloween
- 35 Orange & Black Halloween Recipes – Spooky dishes, desserts, treats & cocktails
- Halloween cakes and cupcakes: 20 creepy cupcakes & “spooktacular” cakes
- 20 Halloween cocktails: Defrightful drinks, creepy cocktails and spooky shots
- Creepy treats and scary snacks ideas for Halloween
- Celebrate Halloween with 15 Creepy Movies
- Free Halloween Games
- Free Halloween Printable Projects
- Virtual Haunted Houses
- Halloween for kids: Create boo-tiful drawings with creepy coloring projects for children
- Halloween Trick-or-Treat Safety Tips: Keep little ghosts and goblins safe on Halloween
- Blood-curdling beverages, creepy cocktails and disgusting drinks for Halloween
- Free pumpkin decorating projects for a spook-tacular Halloween