McDonald’s Monopoly is celebrating its 20th Edition September 25, 2012 to October 22, 2012 (or while supplies last) and boasting the “most prizes ever offered in any US Monopoly game at McDonald’s”. I received a game board via the drive thru a couple days ago (the board has a nifty little pocket to collect your pieces in which is quite considerate because who hasn’t lost a free cheeseburger and been greatly disappointed?). If you need a game board, you can also print one online here in English or Español. You can also play online, if you’re 13 or older. Just create a login & when you get a game piece, put the 11 digit code into the website and the magic of the Internet will place it on your digital board.
You may have noticed your game board is riddled with tiny numbers that reference the fine print next to the prizes. Here is the rundown of each prize including their fine print information:
- The $1,000,000 prize for Park Place & Boardwalk is paid $50,000/year for 20 years with no interest. As seen in the video I posted with the last article.
- For collecting Pacific Ave., North Carolina Ave., & Pennsylvania Ave., you win a Fiat ® 500 Sport Hatchback (MSRP $18,500). They state that the,”vehicle pictured is just for illustration” and that winners in Guam and Saipan receive a check for the $18,500.
- For Atlantic Ave., Ventor Ave., & Marvin Gardens, you win $20,000 (for which there is no specific fine print)
- If you collect Kentucky Ave., Indiana Ave., & Illinois Ave. you win a trip for 2 to any one Delta Vacations destination. The approximate retail value (ARV) is $10,000.
- If you monopolize St. James Place, Tennessee Ave., & New York Ave., you win $10,000 (for which, again, there is no specific fine print)
- Collecting St. Charles Place, States Ave., and Virginia Ave. will win you a Beach Resorts Luxury Included ® Family Vacation to either Turks & Caicos or Jamaica for 2 adults and 2 kids under 15 at an ARV of $7,500.
- For collecting Oriental Ave., Vermont Ave., & Connecticut Ave. you win $5,000 (for which there is no specific fine print again)
- Baltic Ave. & Mediterranean Ave. will win you $50 (no fine print once more)
- For monopolizing all 4 railroads (Reading, Pennsylvania, B & O & Short Line), you will win an EA Sports Fan Trip for 2 to a championship or championship series game in the US which has an ARV of $7,000.
There are also $290,000,000 in food prizes (which must be redeemed by Novemeber 5, 2012) up for grabs as well as instant win non-edible prizes like My Coke Rewards (must be claimed by November 19, 2012 and prize chosen by November 30, 2012)and prizes from Redbox (must be redeemed by November 7, 2012), Snapfish (must be redeemed by December 31, 2012) , EA Sports (must be redeemed by December 31, 2012), Fat Head, Spa Wish, and the NHL (must be redeemed by November 19, 2012).
If you didn’t already be sure to read part 1 of this series on McDonald’s Monopoly, where I covered odds & no purchase game pieces.