Feng Shui is based on change, the ebb and flow of life. An acceptance and understanding of this enables us to move through lifes’ challenges with a greater sense of comfort and ease, just as the river adjusts and shifts to the shape of the land. A sense of flexibility and the ability to ‘go with the flow’ allows us to move through our hectic, busy days and lives open to new opportunity and relationships.
I believe that everything that happens to us provides us with the opportunity to grow stronger, wiser, more creative and more diverse. Often our needs for safety, predictability and controlled outcomes prevent us from fully experiencing all our life has to offer. We can all truly learn to experience the perfection of each and every moment by simply letting our days unfold, letting each moment propel us to the proper action. We can chose to act rather than react.
Lifestyle Feng Shui Tips for Living in the Moment
- Stop filling your days with tasks and activities that don’t serve your highest intention. Do you define yourself by how busy you are? Do you think being busy is proof that you’re successful? Are your days all about quantity rather than quality? Slow down, don’t fill every moment with activities, experience your life. Living is in the moment, not the past, not the future. Living is now.
- Do what you really want to do. What activities would you do right now if there were no obstacles in front of you? Take one small step toward doing something you like but haven’t given yourself permission to do. Start small, and stay consistent. You deserve to love the life you’re living.
- Stop trying to control everything. Let it go. Is it important to you what others think or do? By learning to release being stuck in the outcome of what others do or do not do, you free yourself up to focus on you.
- Tell the whole truth, all of the time. Most of us don’t realize how much energy we waste by not being entirely truthful with ourselves. Stop trying to live up to someone else’s idea of how you should be…..just be who you are. Who you are is not only enough, it’s perfect!
- Slow down and breathe. Reflect on where you are and where you’re going. Quiet time is a way of checking in with yourself as well as a way of connecting to those around you.
Going ‘with the flow’ requires that we change our mindset, that we let go of the need to control every aspect of our days and lives. This doesn’t mean we can’t set goals, it means surrendering the need to forge ahead at all costs, it means trusting that what you’ve accomplished is enough; that what you’ve accomplished is what was meant to be.
If you can learn to incorporate the principles and spirit of feng shui into your daily life, not just your living environment, you will find you accomplish more than you can imagine – it just may not be on your list.
How do you know if you’re on the right path? The same you know if you’re not. You feel it. Pay attention to what makes you feel energized, connected and stimulated. Let go of the need to control your life and begin living it instead.
Feng Shui Lifestyle™ by Laurie Bornstein