On October 20 and 21 from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. select Kroger grocery stores around metro Atlanta will be hosting a gluten-free event to promote healthy food choices and celiac disease awareness. This is the first gluten-free event I have heard of at a Kroger store, so I am intrigued to see how consumers will respond.
Shoppers will be able to sample gluten-free products from Earth Balance (peanut butter), Glutino (crackers), Larabar (Uber bars) Gluten Free Café (chicken noodle soup), Smartfood Selects (popcorn), Blue Diamond Growers (Nut Thins), and Rudi’s Gluten Free (bread) to name just a few of the participating companies.
For those of you who may not have shopped for gluten-free groceries at Kroger before, they have a decent selection of gluten-free alternatives for those who are following a gluten-free diet. Gluten-free items have a shelf tag and Kroger maintains a list of their private label products that are free of gluten.
The organizer of these events is looking for local volunteers to answer questions and/or give further information to shoppers that will be stopping by the displays. If you would like to volunteer, please leave a comment below, or email me and I will get you in touch with the event organizer.
Here is a list of dates and the participating Kroger stores:
- 2205 LAVISTA RD ATLANTA 10/21
- 4880 LOWER ROSWELL ROAD MARIETTA 10/21
- 3000 OLD ALABAMA ROAD ALPHARETTA 10/21
- 1715 HOWELL MILL ROAD ATLANTA 10/21
- 311 EAST GWINNETT STREET SAVANNAH 10/21
- 1101 PEACHTREE PARKWAY, N PEACHTREE CITY 10/21
- 1227 ROCKBRIDGE ROAD STONE MOUNTAIN 10/20
- 1365 W. WALNUT AVENUE DALTON 10/21
- 2875 NORTH DECATUR ROAD DECATUR 10/21
- 1225 CAROLINE STREET ATLANTA 10/21
- 2295 TOWNE LAKE PARKWAY WOODSTOCK 10/20
- 6625 HIGHWAY 53 EAST DAWSONVILLE 10/21
- 3871 PEACHTREE ROAD, N.E. ATLANTA 10/21
Do you shop for gluten-free groceries at Kroger?