Keeping up with technology and let alone social media can be quite the task. After speaking with a client about the decision to join Twitter and how it works, I felt it only right to shed light on just how popular Twitter has become to the natural hair community.
Here are a few solid facts that have come directly from a contact at Twitter Communications:
- In the last 180 days there have been over one million tweets about natural hair on Twitter.
- Positive mentions about natural hair on Twitter have nearly doubled since last summer.
- The natural hair community shares hair tips with each other by using the #TeamNatural, #NaturalHair and #NaturalStyles hashtags. Across the web, people gain self confidence and support from #TeamNatural on Twitter.
This is amazing! This is wonderful and exciting for the natural hair community!
What makes Twitter so amazing is that it can become the key to accessing other social networking sites. The days of having multiple user names and passwords are slowly coming to an end. Your Twitter account can be integrated with many of the existing social networking sites.
If you’re thinking about joining Twitter be sure to follow @alltressedup (of course) and our lovely team of contributors:
According to Twitter Communications, the following provide a consistent and stream of Tweets. So, if you’re joining today follow them as well:
- Maeling Tapp (@NaturalChica): ATL’s Maeling Tapp is also on Twitter, tweeting her inspiring #TeamNatural styles. She even tweets contests for her followers to win photo shoots and top of the line natural hair products.
- Alicia Walton (@CurlyNikki): @CurlyNikki, seen as Twitter’s “hair therapist,” tweets natural hair tips and even has a phone app that her followers regularly commend.
- Elle (@CurlyHeadedPJ): As identified in her Twitter bio as the “natural hair ninja” tweets natural hair tips, and actively replies to her followers with questions about healthy natural hair care. lifestyle
- Ambrosia (@Brosiaa): This #TeamNatural designer and beauty bloggers tweets great style inspiration
- @Nap85: Tweets photos of natural hairstyle inspiration and runs a very successful natural hair vlog.
So, are you on Twitter? Who are you following? Join the conversation!