The jelly shot is a fun, not too serious party favor that is no longer reserved for Frat boys and cheap vodka. Jelly shots are easy to make, and are easy to tweak to how you want them to taste. The mixer can add glamorous garnishes so they will fit the swankiest of soirees, or the tremendous of tailgates.
Raspberry Martini jelly shots
- 10 ½ oz Blueberry vodka
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 3 packets of gelatin powder
- About 50 fresh raspeberries
- Combine the vodka and simple syrup in a small saucepan. Add gelatin powder to the vodka mixture.
- Heat the saucepan over low heat, stirring, until the gelatin is dissolved and incorporated into the vodka mixture, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Place a few raspberries in the bottom of each individual ice cube mold, carefully pour the vodka mix into each. Refrigerate the ice cube tray until set, These cocktails will keep, refrigerated, for as long as 2 days.
Strawberry Margarita jelly shots
- Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom.
- Use a huller or apple corer to empty out the strawberry.
- Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
- Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
1 box Strawberry Gelatin
8 ounces tequila
6 ounce Cointreau
Salt for garnish
- Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-o powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
- Combine tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liquour mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liquour mixture to hot Jell-o mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour final Jell-o mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.
Keywords: Jello shot recipes, jelly shot recipes, jell-o shot recipes, how to make jelly shots, how to make jell-o shots,