Medical technology company iSonea Ltd. this week announced that its asthma management smartphone app, AsthmaSense v.1.0.1, is now available for free for iPhone, iPad and Android users through September 30. According to the American Lung Association, more than seven million children suffer from asthma, making it one of the most chronic childhood disorders in the United States. Asthma is a leading cause of school absenteeism, accounting for more than 14 million lost school days.
With AsthmaSense, parents and children have the most intelligent asthma management app at their fingertips. Unlike most health apps which act as passive journals, AsthmaSense v.1.0.1 analyzes user symptoms, medication usage and lung function measurements against the National Institute of Health (NIH) asthma guidelines, alerting the user if it senses that their asthma is not well controlled.
Users can input their medication, symptoms and peak flow results, and set alerts for medication and lung function testing. In addition to using this information to determine the status of a user’s asthma, the AsthmaSense app stores this data, giving the user and their doctor a better picture of their lung health.
“Autumn is a tough time for asthmatics, especially children. By offering AsthmaSense for free through September, we are increasing access to the most intelligent, easy-to-use asthma management app on the market during this troublesome season,” said Michael Thomas, CEO of iSonea Ltd. “At iSonea, we are committed to helping asthmatics breathe easier and we are continuing to develop tools to help people control this disease.”
AsthmaSense is both a take-anywhere journal and an on-the-go monitor. This potentially life-saving app allows you to:
• Manage asthma anytime, anywhere
• Use with children or adults
• Set reminders for medication use and peak flow testing
• See when medications are due
• Log diary actions with a single tap
• Record symptoms and breathing function
• Selectively silence reminders as needed
• Select reminder tones for individual users
• Record unscheduled medication use
• Record missed medications, as well as edit or update the journal
• Review up to one month of peak flow, symptoms and medication adherence
• Receive status alerts when your asthma is “not well controlled” or “poorly controlled” according to National Institute for Health guidelines
• Keep emergency contact information and phone numbers in easy reach
• Manage one or multiple users with one smartphone
iSonea is dedicated to developing innovative, easy-to-use monitoring devices and mobile health apps that improve the way people live with and manage asthma.
AsthmaSense is available for free on the Apple App Store (for iPhone and iPad users), Google Play and Amazon App Stores if you have an Android smartphone or tablet.