Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, may be seething over nude photos of her that were published without her consent. But a visit to the Solomon Islands, in a remote corner of the world where everyone “lets it all hang out,” actually brought a smile to her lips, New York’s Daily News reports:
The Duchess of Cambridge could be seen smiling and giggling as she was greeted by a group of bare-chested women upon her arrival, and later seemed to be holding in a laugh when confronted with a sculpture of a topless woman.
(A video report on the visit by Reuters may be viewed here.)
In the meantime, the scandal arising out of the unauthorized use of topless paparazzi photos of Middleton taken during her vacation in France is no laughing matter. Michael O’Kane, editor of the Irish Daily Star, was suspended on Monday over his paper’s publication of the pictures. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge also took legal action against the French tabloid Closer, which was the first magazine to run the illicit images. It appears likely that the Italian tabloid Chi, which ran a 26-page spread of the photos on Monday under the headline “The Queen is Naked!” is next in line to receive cease and desist papers.
“We can confirm that a criminal complaint has been made to the French Prosecution Department today,” a Clarence House spokesman said on Monday, adding, “the complaint concerns the taking of photographs of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge whilst on holiday and the publication of those photographs in breach of their privacy.”
Attorneys for the royal couple are also seeking to have the images removed from newsstands and the magazine’s website.
- Women in NYC go topless for the revolution
- Upstate NY women arrested for strolling naked through store
- Second air traveler strips naked, this time in protest
- Love & Paint: One small step for sex; one smaller step for art
- Woman told to extinguish cigarette by airport security strips naked instead
- Nude maid service in Texas turning heads … including those of local police
- TSA asks female passenger to ‘prove’ breast pump is real
- The vagina monolith: Suggestive sculpture under wraps at Wasilla High School
- German newspaper ‘Bild’ to drop topless front-page photos
- TSA forces woman with ‘cute figure’ to pass though nude body scanner 3 times
- Woman driver claims her 38KKK breasts saved her life in crash
- Woman busted for DUI says big boobs made her fail sobriety test
- CO woman rubs naked butt, urinates on $30 million painting
- TSA settles with woman whose breasts were exposed by agent
- Artist who does public nude-body paintings reaches agreement with NYC
- Models in naked art exhibit at MOMA complain of getting groped
Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can also reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.