From the college halls to the red carpet, women all over America have been diving into the lipstick craze more so than ever. This fall the lipstick trends to try are either the icy purple or the daring plum. Deep plums have been found on the lips of some of your favorite celebrities such as Jennifer Hudson, Tika Sumpter and Rihanna. The deep plum is both daring and edgy without being over the top. To achieve this look to the fullest you must make sure your lips are exfoliated before applying lipstick otherwise you’ll be left with cracked lips which will make for a very unforgiving look. The icy purple has been quite the offspring to the deep plum trend, while some women want to go for an edgy look others want to add a bold pop of color to their look. For both looks make sure that the rest of your makeup remains neutral especially eye shadow and blush.
Below are some of the best lipsticks to rock these trends at affordable prices:
1. Revlon’s “Va Va Violet”: $6.39 at CVS
2. Mac’s “Young Rapunxel” (Azealia Banks new lip shade): $15.00 in store or online
3. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar “Lydia-Darkroom Plum”: $16.00
1. Revlon’s Lip Butter “Gumdrop”: $5.99 at CVS
2. Mac’s “Up the Amp”: $15.00 in store and online
3. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar “Digitalis: Pink-Tinged Lavender”: $16.00
Which lip shade will you try this fall?