Let’s face it. Most of us are overworked, underpaid and just plain stressed out! There simply is not enough time in the day to get everything accomplished. In our hustle-and-bustle society, today reminds us to wake up and smell the coffee and to slow down and smell the roses! Life is short. We need to be thankful for everything and everyone in our lives. Sept. 21 is World Gratitude Day.
World Gratitude Day
This annual holiday actually began at a Thanksgiving dinner in Hawaii hosted by Sri Chinmoy back in 1965. Those in attendance pledged to celebrate their blessings in their own nations each September 21st. In 1977, the United Nations Meditation Group initiated World Gratitude Day on a global level. World Gratitude Day is described as a:
“holiday for all peoples, a day of meditation for all religions, a day of celebration for all humanity, united by knowledge of simultaneously shared emotion, a day when triumph of the spirit can make a world community.”
While World Gratitude Day is celebrated once a year, this annual occasion reminds us we should all be grateful for each and every day we have.
I’m So Grateful is an online journal, a place where users can express the things they are thankful for.
The Gratitude List is not only a website where folks can share their gratitude list with the world, but it is also a book written by over 40 celebrities including Deepak Chopra, Ringo Starr, Jeff Bridges, Alicia Keys and Ray Bradbury, to name a few.
Grateful Quotes & Sayings
- God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?” ~ William A. Ward
- Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that at this moment, all you have is all you need. ~ Sarah Ban Breathnach
- Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good. ~ Maya Angelou
- Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone. ~ G.B. Stern
- We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives. ~ John F.Kennedy
- Do not tell the man that is carrying you that he stinks. ~ African Proverb
- There is always, always, always something to be thankful for. ~ Unknown
- If you want to find happiness, find gratitude. ~ Steve Maraboli
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- An attitude of gratitude brings great things. ~ Yogi Bhajan
- When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears. ~ Anthony Robbins
- Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you’re going to live your life. ~ Joel Osteen
- Gratitude is the best attitude. ~ Unknown
- All that we behold is full of blessings. ~William Wordsworth
What are you grateful for?
- Quote Garden. Quotations About Gratitude
- Good Reads. Quotes About Gratitude
- BrainyQuote. Grateful Quotes