Guild Wars 2, as shown in the slide-show above, launched back in August 28, 2012 for the Windows operating system. Since then, the game has been very well received by it’s audience, but one group of people have been left out, until now that is.
NCsoft has announced that they are now offering a Mac version of Guild Wars 2 as a beta client. Currently, although it is in it’s beta state, Mac users will have the ability to play with PC users of Guild Wars 2. Currently, there is no release date for the full release of the Mac version of Guild Wars 2, but the beta client is available in the account management section for the game.
In addition to this news, it has been brought to our attention that ArenaNet has recently revealed the official patch notes for the latest game update. As listed on the official Guild Wars 2 forums, below you can view the complete patch notes:
- Asuran players will now aim toward their targets when using a rifle.
- Fixed various broken events and skill challenges.
- Fixed various locations that allowed players to move outside the map.
- Fixed various locations on maps where players could become stuck.
- Discovery crafting may now use items directly from a player’s bank.
- Fixed bugs in the Exploration achievement so players can now receive 100% map completion.
- Added a system to limit the experience and gold that players can receive from speed-farming dungeons.
- Fixed bugs in “A Different Dream,” “A Fragile Peace,” “Dredging Up the Past,” “Forging the Pact,” “Pastkeeper,” “Ships of the Line,” “Stealing Secrets,” “The Priory Assailed,” and “The Source of Orr.”
- Reduced the overall difficulty in “Dead of Winter.”
- Retaliation: This boon no longer reflects damage received from siege weapons.
- The Experimental Rifle is no longer usable in World-versus-World.
- Smoldering Arrow: This skill’s casting time has been reduced.
- The Prestige: This skill now requires full recharge if it’s interrupted at any time.
- Descent of Shadows: This trait’s effect can now only trigger once every 8 seconds.
- Rocket Boots: This skill is no longer usable underwater. This is a temporary change until we can figure out why players can launch themselves into the sky using this skill.
- Detonate Mine Field: This skill is no longer a blast finisher.
Fans may also want to take a look at the extensive slide-show shown above, of which showcases artwork and gameplay screenshots from Guild Wars 2.
To stay up to date with everything Guild Wars 2, or anything related to video games, be sure to Like Me on Facebook or Follow Me on Twitter.