Who is Angelina Jolie? The American actress is one of the world’s most influential green celebrities. Regularly volunteering her time to help impoverished people in third world countries and speaking out as a political activist, the luscious looking full-lipped celebrity seems to be as pretty on the inside as she is to look at in her modeling photographs.
An accomplished movie actress, she has won an Academy Award, earned herself two Screen Actors Guild Awards, taken home three Golden Globe Awards, and is one of the wealthiest women in Hollywood. Jolie was officially named “Hollywood’s highest-paid actress” by Forbes back in 2009 and 2011 — which is no small feat for any celebrity (especially one that is green).
More Fast Facts about Angelina Jolie
- When was Angelina Jolie born? June 4, 1975
- She is the daughter of actor Jon Voight; the two have famously struggled to get along over the years (in all likelihood because he is a conservative who actively campaigned for Mitt Romney and she’s a liberal).
- She has six children with partner Brad Pitt: Shiloh Jolie-Pitt, Zahara Jolie-Pitt, Maddox Jolie-Pitt, Knox Leon Jolie-Pitt.
- Jolie routinely visits geographic areas that have been ravaged by war or natural disasters.
- She lobbies for women’s rights around the world.
- The actress spends most of her spare time playing with her children or volunteering to help political refugees.
- She was successful in her first attempt directing her own movie when she took on a love story about the war in Bosnia called “The Land of Blood and Honey”.
- Her brother’s name is James Haven and he is still catching flack for when she open-mouth kissed him at the Oscars during a publicity stunt that went too far to receive any positive PR.
- Ex-husbands include Billy Bob Thornton (m. 2000–2003) and Jonny Lee Miller (m. 1996–1999); she also dated a woman named Jenny Shimizu (1994-1995).
- Jolie is a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations.
- She earns far more money per film than her lover Brad Pitt, making her quite the catch even for handsome him.
- Openly bisexual, she has advocated for LGBT rights and gay marriage.
- She allegedly owns a BMW that runs on hydrogen.
- She is expected to marry Brad Pitt; he personally designed her engagement ring.
SOURCE: Green Celebrity