October is here and it is time to start thinking about the perfect Halloween costume topped with the best fashion accessory, nail art. The following simple tips and tricks are for the do-it-yourselfer adept in gel manicures, using Red Carpet Manicure, the original at-home LED gel polish kit.
The first step in creating fun nail art for the holiday is to run right out and purchase the affordable nail system kit, which comes with an LED lamp. Red Carpet Manicure Kits with festive Halloween colors can be found on Long Island at Ulta Beauty in Garden City and Levittown, or at any Duane Reade and Target.
The Spooky Fade
- Paint the top left quarter of the nail with The Perfect Pair.
- Polish the top right quarter of the nail with ‘Black Stretch Limo.
- Apply Tangerine on the Rocks to the lower right corner.
- Paint the lower left with Nominated For….
- When all four quarters are done take the corner of a sponge and blot the meeting lines.
- Use a fresh corner of the sponge for each meeting line, so to keep the blends clean.
- Cure the polish under the LED light.
- Apply one very thin coat of Wow and cure.
- Finish with Brilliance, cure, wipe with Purify and apply Revitalize to the cuticle.
3D Splatter Nails
- Paint the entire nail with two coats of White Hot, curing between each layer.
- Apply a small bead of each Black Stretch Limo, Only in Hollywood and Tangerine on the Rocks onto wax paper.
- Using the marbleizing tool draw through the beads, wiping the tool clean in between each swipe.
- Do this in several directions.
- Place the wax paper under light and cure.
- Lift each cured piece from the wax paper with tweezers and apply to the nail in desired pattern and cure.
- Apply Brilliance, cure, wipe with Purify and then apply Revitalize to the cuticles.
Additional nail designs with fun Halloween appliqués can be applied to the gel manicures using the marbleizing tool found in the Tips and Tricks Nail Art Kit. Fashionable nail art how-to videos from Red Carpet Manicure are available on YouTube.com or the website. Happy Halloween!
©, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA quadrust.com. For similar to above, click subscribe to receive instant free updates.
The author receives no compensation from any PR Firm for the above recommendation and is not responsible for any effects, positive or negative, that may occur. Follow on Twitter at DAHaggerty.