When a new season approaches, new beauty trends also arrive. While browsing your favorite magazine or website, you’ll find all the new and hot beauty trends, but sometimes you might think that these trends are a little too ‘loud’ for everyday wear.
Fear not! Any beauty trend is certainly wearable any day, as long as it’s applied correctly. The best part? The reported trends for Fall 2012 are super easy to wear and a lot of fun! Below are some of the best trends.
1. Burghundy and dark red lips – According to an article in Harper’s Bazaar, ‘mulberry mouths’ are the hot look for fall. Wine-colored lips are the way to go, and they can look good on any face. If you want to stand out, use a color like Revlon’s Sultry Sable or Black Cherry (they’re only about $7 each!). If you want to go for a more subtle tone, try Revlon’s Copperglow Berry, which is a lighter, shiny burghundy color.
2. Rosey cheeks – Rosey cheeks are a more natural-looking fall trend for 2012, according to Elle Magazine. To get the look, apply a light pink blush, like MAC’s Well Dressed, on the apples of your cheeks and up your cheek bone. According to Elle, rosey cheeks can be applied with a dark crimson lipcolor for that edgy, Autumn look!
3. ‘Futuristic Eyes’ – This is, by far, my personal favorite Fall 2012 trend. In a nutshell, this look is a multi-colored, very busy smokey eye. Elle calls it the ‘Butterfly Effect’ and Bazaar calls it the ‘Futuristic Eye’. Think it’s impossible to wear? Think no more, futuristic eyes can be subtle too. For that subtle look, just take two of your favorite eyeshadow colors, apply one on the inner part of your lid and crease, and the other (usually the darker color) on the outside, and blend them! Make sure to apply a layer of eyeliner or eyeshadow on your lower lash line (use black if you want a more ‘common’ look).
4. Brown Smokey Eyes – Yes, it’s true, brown is the new black! As stated on both the Bazaar and Allure websites, brown smokey eyes are the hot new eye trend for fall. Getting the look is simple: Apply brown eyeshadow (it can be golden brown or a darker matte brown – it doesn’t really matter) all over your upper lid and crease and blend it. Apply a brown eyeliner on your upper and lower lid for more definition.
5. Big, Beautiful Brows – Say goodbye to pencil-thin eyebrows! Big and bold is the way to go. When you get them waxed or tweezed, be sure to keep them thick! Beauty experts recommend using clear mascara to keep your eyebrows in place – especially in between appointments. Define them by coloring them in with a eyebrow pencil. Want to have a little fun? Cover them with glitter or jewels!
These and other trends were seen during Fall 2012 Fashion Week. Want to see more trends? Find the hottest trends, watch video tutorials, read reviews, and get advice about all things beauty by subscribing and following Holly on twitter – @NYBeautyExamine.