After receiving six stitches in her forehead after an alleged domestic violence incident with her estranged husband Chad Johnson, Evelyn Lozada is now talking about her violent reputation on the VH1 show “Basketball Wives.” According to Evelyn, being a victim of domestic violence has helped her grow as a person, and she plans to stop “acting a fool” on “Basketball Wives” in future seasons of the show.
- Story: Evelyn cries on ‘Nightline’ over alleged attack
Sitting down with Amy Robach on “Nightline,” Evelyn Lozada was asked if she understands how fans of “Basketball Wives” could have so little sympathy towards a woman who has exhibited such anger and violence against her fellow cast members.
“I understand it,” said Evelyn, in her very first interview since the alleged head-butting incident.
“But it’s like saying, look at that woman, look what she had on, that’s why she got raped. Whatever the perception of me on ‘Basketball Wives,’ that doesn’t justify what happened that day.”
Evelyn was then asked if she were to continue to stay on “Basketball Wives” in the future, would she make any changes to her behavior.
“I’m always gonna voice my opinion. You won’t see me acting a fool. I’ve grown a lot in the last couple of months,” said Evelyn.
It sounds like, with that comment, that viewers will no longer see Evelyn bullying women like Kesha or throwing bottles at women like Kenya. So for anyone that signed the “Basketball Wives” petition earlier this year, it looks like you’ll get what you wanted: a more tame, kinder season of “Basketball Wives.”
Evelyn Lozada’s interview on “Nightline” only lasted approximately five minutes, with the questions mostly discussing her feelings about Chad, as well as her life outside of “Basketball Wives.” In the interview, Evelyn admitted that she still loved Chad, but had to walk away from their relationship for her own safety.
- For more coverage of Evelyn Lozada, be sure to join my TV Examiner Facebook page, as well as subscribe to this TV column for instant email updates!
MORE ON EVELYN LOZADA:
1) Chad Johnson abandons Twitter after allegedly abusing Evelyn
2) Is Evelyn Lozada’s divorce due to ‘fame and self-promotion?’
3) Twitter users lash out against Evelyn Lozada, blame her for alleged abuse
4) Chad Johnson complains that Evelyn Lozada cut him off from sex
5) Warren Sapp blames Evelyn Lozada for fight with Chad Johnson
6) Evelyn Lozada’s upcoming spin-off show canceled by VH1
7) Evelyn’s Twitter goes silent following alleged abuse by Chad Johnson
YOU’LL ALSO WANT TO READ:
1) K Michelle talks about sex on the first date in unaired bonus scene
2) Joseline thinks that Karlie is ‘in love’ with Benzino
3) Mimi calls her love triangle with Stevie J and Joseline a ‘circus’
4) Erica mocks Joseline’s voice, calls her ‘big homie’ in unaired bonus scene
5) Mimi shoves Stevie J in unaired bonus scene
6) Did Joseline slap Stevie J while in therapy?
7) Mimi says her trust in Stevie J is ‘demolished’
8) Stevie J explains why he cheated on Mimi
9) Mimi calls the reunion show ‘stupid’
10) ‘Love and Hip Hop Atlanta’ producer maintains that the show isn’t fake
11) Mimi’s mother abandoned her for Scientology
12) Listen to K Michelle’s song for Mimi now [AUDIO]
13) Mimi says that Stevie J’s cheating ‘hurt me to the core’
14) Momma Dee caught dancing on a stripper pole [VIDEO]
15) Is ‘Love and Hip Hop Atlanta’ really ‘digital crack’ that harms our children?
16) Lil’ Scrappy wants to see Erica cry
17) Mimi enjoys watching Joseline punch Stevie J
18) Mimi emotionally heals by scattering her mother’s ashes
19) K Michelle confronts Shay, defends Erica in bonus scene
20) Mimi punches Stevie J in front of TMZ cameras
21) Tatyana Ali of ‘Fresh Prince’ spoofs ‘Love and Hip Hop Atlanta’
22) Stevie J loves being the villain on ‘Love and Hip Hop Atlanta’
23) Erica feels Lil’ Scrappy doesn’t love her
24) K Michelle stops having sex, wants to be celibate
25) Joseline admits to having ‘dirty sex’ with Stevie J
26) Karlie flirts with Roscoe Dash, says her relationship is ‘complicated’
27) Benzino gives Karlie a ring to show his commitment
28) Erica was never ‘in love’ with Lil’ Scrappy
29) Joseline says Stevie J had sex with her best friend
30) Is Evelyn Lozada’s divorce due to ‘fame and self-promotion?’
31) Evelyn’s Twitter goes silent following alleged abuse by Chad Johnson
32) Twitter users lash out against Evelyn Lozada, blame her for alleged abuse
33) K Michelle cries after Rasheeda claims her abuse was fabricated
34) Benzino’s anger scares Karlie
35) Evelyn Lozada’s upcoming spin-off show canceled by VH1
36) Mimi says she’s ‘done’ with Stevie J on season finale
37) Benzino says part of ‘Love and Hip Hop Atlanta’ was re-enacted for the cameras
38) Joseline insists she’s not a man on the reunion show
39) Mimi says that ‘Love and Hip Hop Atlanta’ is not negative for black women
40) Karlie continues to sidestep the question of true age