With the holidays upon us it is time to indulge a little. Put yourself into the festive fall mode with a homemade pumpkin enzyme mask.
This mask not only smells amazing, but has skin enhancing benefits that will leave your skin balanced and glowing.
What you need:
- Small pumpkin – this is better than using canned pumpkin because in order to get all the benefits that pumpkin has to offer you should use REAL pumpkin.
- Organic, raw, and unfiltered honey – in order to obtain the true healing properties that honey has to offer it is absolutely necessary that you get honey that is completely pure.
- Organic, unsweetened, plain yogurt – making sure the yogurt is organic makes sure that there are no unwanted hormones present.
- a cozy robe – get comfy and enjoy yourself, or better yet soak in a bubble bath!
Let’s get started:
- Cut open your small pumpkin and scrap as much of the insides out that you will need to cover your face, neck, and chest.
- Remove the seeds from the pulp and place in a bowl
- Add a tablespoon of honey to the pumpkin
- Add 2 tablespoons of organic yogurt
- Add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat and mix until all ingredients are well blended
- Heat mixture in the microwave for about 30 seconds
- Apply to face avoiding the eye area – feel free to take it all the way down to your neck and chest.
- Remove after 15-20 minutes with a gentle wash cloth and warm water
TIP: Make sure you moisturize after this treatment and use any serums that you would normally use during your routine. This mask helps to exfoliate the skin and will remove old skin cell build up so your products will penetrate better!
What are these ingredients doing for your skin?
- Pumpkin – contains high amounts of vitamin A which aids in digestion of skin cell build up and helps to exfoliate the skin by speeding up the skin cell turnover rate.
- Honey – known as nature’s antibiotic; honey is extremely healing of wounds and is very antibacterial, antiviral, and helps to restore the health of the skin.
- Yogurt: acts as a probiotic to use “good bacteria” to clear out pores and calm the skin. Yogurt will also help to brighten the skin with the presence of naturally occuring lactic acid.
- Cinnamon: acts as an activator and has been proven to help lighten the complexion.
While your skin will benefit from a one time treatment with this mask, if you REALLY want to notice a change in your skin,such as; an even complexion, reduction in breakouts, and smoother skin- you should use this mask once a week for a duration of 6 treatments.