Every level headed conservative thinker knew the DNC would be an Obama praise party. The liberal cheerleaders in the lame stream media hung on every soundbyte, as if it came from God himself. Our illustrious leader was lauded as being the next best thing to flush toilets and air conditioning; America’s only hope for progress. Where have these people been the last four years? President Obama has been one epic fail after another, but wants to continue to lead us ‘forward’…thanks but no thanks.
What are the successes of his last four years that has everyone at the DNC so excited?
He promised a balanced budget before his first term expired. He has delivered debt upon debt. His first success has been to push our national debt past $16 trillion. He’s made history for sure. Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) released the following statement regarding the “progressive” mess we’re in:
“This is a grim landmark for the United States. The gross debt of our federal government will for the first time, surpass $16 trillion. That’s more government debt per person than Portugal, Italy, Spain, or Greece. Yet the President seems strangely unconcerned. His budget, which received zero votes in the House and Senate, would add another $66,000 in debt for every American household. And the President’s majority in the Senate, which is required by law to produce a budget plan every single year, has refused to do so for 1,200 days.
We are on a dramatically unsustainable path. Forty cents of every dollar we spend is borrowed. Systemic factors, such as our aging population, make this the most serious financial challenge our nation has ever faced. This year will mark the fourth straight deficit in excess of a trillion dollars. In the last three months, more people have been permanently added to the disability rolls than have found jobs. The IRS is mailing billions of dollars in tax credits to illegal aliens and the USDA is partnering with Mexico to boost enrollment in food stamps. Washington is disconnected from reality.”
The President says we are doing fine, his plan is working, and we need to re-elect him; so we can continue moving forward. Some people truly cannot see the forest for all the trees in the way. There is a leadership vacuum in the Oval Office, very little moral or financial discipline in either party, a cliff quickly apporoaching, and no brakes in the Progressive machine. Lord help us all, if we do not awaken from our slumber and gain control of the situation.
2. His second success has been high unemployment, high energy costs, and low median income. Don’t worry though it’s someone elses fault and his plan is working (though not for us). Michelle Obama in her speech at the DNC stated; ‘How hard you work’ is more important than your income. They are so elitist that they cannot grasp the seriousness of the situation for us peons in the middle class. He’s provided jobs and income for illegals, Mexican cartels, and failed green energy cronies….just not average citizens.
3. His third success has been strenghtening the nanny state mentality that is the core of Progressivism. This government is god ideology was seen in the DNC video claiming that; “The government is the only thing that we all belong to.” In his socialist vision for America, the people are cattle to be herded and sheep to be sheared. Obamacare is a prime example of this deviation from the ideals of our founders. President Obama has obviously never read the Constitution he has sworn to uphold much less abide by it.
4. His fourth success has been to push food stamp use to 46.7 million. This entitlement mentality is like a collar that once put on is hard to remove. Hard to stomach the Administration’s insinuation that we are better off now than four years ago. Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) told Bloomberg that spending borrowed money for Food Stamps is government incompetence. True so very, very true for Alabama and elsewhere across the nation.
5.His fifth success is the re-distribution of wealth courtesy of entitlements. According to the Wall Street Journal article “American Character is at Stake” by Nicholas Eberstadt; in 2010 alone $2.2 trillion (money, goods, and services) was transferred thanks to entitlements. This breaks down to $7,200 per citizen.. Entitlements make up two-thirds of all federal spending. Poverty/income related entitlements for 2010 cost us $650 billion. Medicaid/Medicare run another $900 billion annually in 2010.
We were once a strong nation that revered individualism, freedom, and self-reliance. Today we have been tainted by the “give me, give me” mentality of Progressivism. Where we once roared like lions for freedom, we now bleat like sheep for security. A few examples of how far we have gone down the slippery slope was covered by Personal Liberty Digest’s Bob Livingston:
- Brandon Raub simply exercised his freedom of speech and was unlawfullt detained.
- Brianna Gentry, kept her military brothers photo at school and was nearly expelled.
- Young deaf student told to change his last name (Hunter) because sign language symbol is a pistol.
- Guy Harrington, collected rainwater to use and was arrested.
- Eric Holder urges gun control to combat Mexican violence and simultaneously arms Mexican cartels causing violence.
- Wisconsin judge rules citizens have “no fundamental right” to eat own or use dairy cows, or consume their milk.
- Hand out water to the indigent and get reprimanded.
This is the America that President Obama, his liberal cronies, and media fans envision for us. It goes against the ideals of our founders and the way of life of Alabamians. We must take a stand against Obama’s onslaught for our children and grandchildrens sake. Our founders left us a great nation that we have allowed through inaction to go off track. We can set her back on course only if we get involved. What say you, Alabama….will you dare defend your rights?