“Criminal Minds”‘ team of elite FBI profilers is back analyzing the country’s most twisted lawbreakers and anticipating their next moves before they strike again. In the seventh season, each member of the Behavioral Analysis Unit brings his or her own area of expertise to the table as they pinpoint predators’ motivations and identify their emotional triggers in order to track them down and stop the killing.
quadrust.com spoke to Executive Producer Erica Messer to get her highlights of the season. Here is what she to say:
“In nearly every episode, something was discovered. Finding out Rossi (Joe Mantenga) had a child die with his first wife was a touching little moment that we found in the writing. Joe had asked, ‘Can we please meet one of my wives?’ He wasn’t expecting where we went with it. It was something that he never played to in his character.
“I know it is controversial, but I like that Hotch [Thomas Gibson] is smiling and dating. It is just so sad to have a character seeming to be still in mourning. He is busy and distracted — and we have said this to Thomas — women are probably looking at Hotch, but he hasn’t looked up. Then he did, and someone was looking. I think it was a nice thing for him to get to play this season.
“I was happy we were able to bring back the story from last season — episode 23 — for Shemar Moore. The lie he told his family to put them out of their misery came back and bit him in the butt. It was my favorite thing about that episode last year. Our heroes can’t be very flawed but that is a good one. — that it came back and it was something he had to deal with. Also, it bookended nicely with the anger he had toward Hotch for keeping a secret, for lying and saying Emily (Padgett Brewster) was dead.
“I also really like the wedding. I feel it was earned and I like the proposal scene.”
“Criminal Minds” also stars A.J. Cook, Kirsten Vangsness, and Matthew Gray Gubler.
Bonus Material for “Criminal Minds: The Seventh Season”:
- Seven Stories — A series of seven short pieces about the heroes of the BAU from the seventh season of the Criminal Minds.”
- Minds’ Eye — The producers, cast and crew take fans behind the scenes of making the show.
- Wedding Toast — Celebrate JJ and Will’s wedding ceremony in the season finale by watching a video tribute to the happy couple.
- Fireside Chat with Matthew Gray Gubler — Actor/director Gubler hosts a Vincent Price-inspired fireside chat answering questions from fans.
- Wheels Up — Produced by the show’s set report crew, watch the entertaining music video featuring the cast of the hit series.
- Gag Reel
- Cast Commentary