There is nothing as comforting as a steaming bowl of soup. With a chill in the air, soup makes the perfect evening meal with a loaf of fresh, crispy bread. The bacon garnish adds a salty perfection to this hearty soup. Delicious!
Creamy cauliflower soup
• 6 cups cauliflower pieces
• 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
• ½ cup heavy whipping cream
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• Shredded Asiago cheese
• Cooked bacon, crumbled
1. In a stockpot, simmer cauliflower pieces in chicken broth for 15 minutes or until tender. Cool.
2. Puree cooled cauliflower and chicken broth mixture and return to stockpot.
3. Stir in whipping cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Heat thoroughly.
4. Serve topped with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.