With summer vacations past and everyone back to school or work, retailers arestocked with an amazing palette of new fall fashions. You’ll find sales and specials at nearly every store, including some BOGO sales and sweepstakes. Department store racks are filled with bright new colors, edgy new patterns, and lots of new denim and glitter.
Watch for buys on some of the hottest new looks, including graphic tees, colored and patterned jeans, plaid shirts and fleece hoodies. Many Columbia stores are still having sales on back to school and back to campus favorites. Each day of the week offers discounts to a specific group in Columbia, and many plan their shopping around these savings.
There are also opportunities to consign your gently used clothing and accessories and to earn while you save. Below is a list of many of the sales, specials and consignment dates this week in Columbia. Please click on the links for further information, store hours, locations and coupons. You’ll want to mark your calendars and save as you plan your shopping and consignment for the week ahead.
- Sunday, September 9
- Jos. A. Bank’s sale ends
- Kohl’s power shopping sale ends
- Belk’s super weekend sale ends
- Sears’ free layaway week begins
- Merona fashions are on sale at Target
- New brands and new shops are at JC Penney
- Kmart’s baby sale starts
- Hamrick’s shoe event begins
- Great deals to start the season begin at Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Hot deals for ourdoors start at Academy Sports + Outdoors
- Save up to 50% off select styles at Off Broadway Shoes
- Buy one, get one 50% off hottest boots at Rack Room Shoes
- Monday, September 10
- Military Monday at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- “Drop and Run” consignments of up to 15 items accepted at Roundabouts Consignments
- Senior Discount Day at Full Circle Charity Thrift
- Tuesday, September 11
- Senior Discount Day at Ross Dress for Less
- Senior Discount Day at Goodwill Thrift Stores
- Student Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- Wednesday, September 12
- Senior Discount Day at Kohl’s
- Consignments accepted at Roundabouts Consignments beginning at 10 a.m. Note: Men’s dress pants and costume jewelry are not currently being accepted.
- Senior Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- Thursday, September 13
- $1.00 sale racks begin at Goodwill Thrift Stores
- Ladies’ Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- Hats, purses and jewelry are 50% off at Full Circle Charity Thrift
- Friday, September 14
- Men’s Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- “Drop and Run” consignments of up to 15 items taken at Roundabouts Consignments
- Weekend sales and specials will be posted here
- Weekend yard sales will be posted here
- Saturday, September 15
- Suits are ½ price at Full Circle Charity Thrift
Mark your calendars:
Belk’s Fight for the Cure bra fitting event at Richland Mall on September Tuesday, 25
Belk’s Fight for the Cure bra fitting event at Columbiana Mall on Saturday, September 29
Hamrick’s is now located at 1950 Bush River Road.
Dress Barn at 10136 Two Notch Road is closed and will reopen in the Village at Sandhill (next to Rack Room Shoes) in October.
As always, maximize your style and minimize your spending~