Fall weather has definitely arrived, bringing with it new looks from the classroom to the boardroom. Virtually every department store has bright fall and winter fashions, great selections, and trendy designer apparel and accessories. There are great new labels appearing and new shops within shops opening.
This fall, everything is about color and texture. The colors are bright and rich; the textures feature from silk, chiffon, snakeskin, denim and chunky knits. Boots are especially popular, with everything from tall riding boots and western styles to warm shearling boots and stiletto heel booties vying for the spotlight.
Each day of the week offers discounts to a specific group in Columbia, and many plan their shopping around these savings.
There are also opportunities to consign your gently used clothing and accessories and to earn while you save. Below is a list of many of the sales, specials and consignment dates this week in Columbia. Please click on the links for further information, store hours, locations and coupons. You’ll want to mark your calendars and save as you plan your shopping and consignment for the week ahead.
- Sunday, October 21
- Sears Days continues through the week
- Ollie’s Outlet has deals on men’s jeans and fleece
- Hamrick’s Weekend Wow Event ends
- Walmart’s stylish savings and spooky looks begin
- Taylor Swift exclusives are available at Target
- 50% off Halloween costumes at Kmart begins
- Lock in low prices with Kmart’s free Layaway continues
- Franco Fortini boots are on sale at Rack Room Shoes this week
- Kohl’s Stack Up the Savings Sale begins
- Score on winter looks at JC Penney this week
- Free haircuts and styles for breast cancer survivors continue at JC Penney. JC Penney will donate $1 for every free cut and style to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Call or stop by to schedule an appointment.
- Monday, October 22
- Belk’s Friends & Family Sale ends
- Jos. A. Bank’s weekend door-busters end
- Military Monday at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- “Drop and Run” consignments will be accepted at Roundabouts Consignments
- Senior Discount Day at Full Circle Charity Thrift
- Tuesday, October 23
- Senior Discount Day at Ross Dress for Less
- Senior Discount Day at Goodwill Thrift Stores
- Student Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- Wednesday, October 24
- Senior Discount Day at Kohl’s
- Consignments will be accepted at Roundabouts Consignments
- Senior Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- Thursday, October 25
- $1.00 sale racks begin at Goodwill Thrift Stores
- Ladies’ Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- Hats, purses and jewelry are 50% off at Full Circle Charity Thrift
- Friday, October 26
- Men’s Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- “Drop and Run” consignments of will be accepted at Roundabouts Consignments
- Weekend sales and specials will be posted here
- Weekend yard sales will be posted here
- Saturday, October 27
- Suits are ½ price at Full Circle Charity Thrift
- Dress Barn will open soon at 661-1 Promenade Place in the Village at Sandhill
- Men’s Warehouse has begun building in the Village at Sandhill.
As always, maximize your style and minimize your spending~