With a hint of fall in the air, new looks are appearing from the classroom to the boardroom. Virtually every department store has new fall and winter fashions, great selections, and trendy designer apparel and accessories. There are hot new labels appearing and new shops within shops opening.
This fall, everything is about color and texture. The colors are bright and rich; the textures feature from silk, chiffon, snakeskin, denim and chunky knits. Shapes are changing, with dolman sleeve sweaters, deep drape-neck knits, boxy jackets and uneven hemlines vying for the spotlight.
Each day of the week offers discounts to a specific group in Columbia, and many plan their shopping around these savings.
There are also opportunities to consign your gently used clothing and accessories and to earn while you save. Below is a list of many of the sales, specials and consignment dates this week in Columbia. Please click on the links for further information, store hours, locations and coupons. You’ll want to mark your calendars and save as you plan your shopping and consignment for the week ahead.
- Sunday, October 14
- Jos. A. Bank’s sale ends
- Macy’s menswear sale ends
- Kohl’s fall fashion sale ends
- Belk Days continue
- Kmart’s Baby Sale begins
- Sears Denim Days starts
- Hamrick’s Fall Fashion Event begins
- Sweaters for $15 at Target
- Accelerate your workout at Academy Sports + Outdoors
- Updated Worthington collection at JC Penney
- Free haircuts and styles for breast cancer survivors continue at JC Penney. JC Penney will donate $1 for every free cut and style to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Call or stop by to schedule an appointment.
- Monday, October 15
- Military Monday at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- “Drop and Run” consignments will be accepted at Roundabouts Consignments
- Senior Discount Day at Full Circle Charity Thrift
- Tuesday, October 16
- Senior Discount Day at Ross Dress for Less
- Senior Discount Day at Goodwill Thrift Stores
- Student Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- Wednesday, October 17
- Belk’s lowest prices of the season end
- Senior Discount Day at Kohl’s
- Consignments will be accepted at Roundabouts Consignments
- Senior Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- Thursday, October 18
- $1.00 sale racks begin at Goodwill Thrift Stores
- Ladies’ Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- Hats, purses and jewelry are 50% off at Full Circle Charity Thrift
- Friday, October 19
- Men’s Discount Day at Good Samaritan Family Thrift Store
- “Drop and Run” consignments of will be accepted at Roundabouts Consignments
- Weekend sales and specials will be posted here
- Weekend yard sales will be posted here
- Saturday, October 20
- Suits are ½ price at Full Circle Charity Thrift
- Dress Barn will open soon at 661-1 Promenade Place in the Village at Sandhill
- Men’s Warehouse has begun building in the Village at Sandhill.
As always, maximize your style and minimize your spending~