Late Friday evening, FOX News surfaced a photo of a Texas “Republican deer” caught red-antlered in the criminal act of destroying an Obama political sign. Interestingly, this wasn’t the deer’s first offense.
Four times over a period of ten days, the partisan deer had vandalized earlier Obama signs, in the same Texas yard belonging to homeowners, Tom and Beth Priem. All of the neighborhood Republican signs were left standing proudly, unharmed.
The Priems, in frustration, were determined to catch the person who was maliciously vandalizing their signs. Armed with a camera, Beth was ready when the deer appeared. She snapped an amazing photo of the deer “just seconds after the Obama sign fell from its antlers.”
Tom Priem was both relieved to uncover the villain, and amused. “Charlie [their dog] chased him until the deer jumped the fence and got away. The sign had holes poked in it, like somebody had stuck a knife through it. At first, I thought it was somebody who didn’t like Obama. I’m just glad it wasn’t a human, either a silly kid or a strange adult.” Tom added, “We were making fun of it, saying the deer must be a Republican.”
The homeowners don’t have a clue why the deer only went after their signs when others dot the neighborhood. However, they have moved the sign nearer to their home in hopes that will help. If so, they and their dog, Charlie, will be much happier.
In Texas, it is a criminal act to destroy political signs. However, It’s unlikely the local police officials would put any effort behind catching this mischievous deer, even with a photo. Meanwhile, the Republican elephant may be wondering if it could be replaced as the GOP symbol, by a dear deer from Texas, that FOX News dubbed, “Rudolph, the red-state reindeer.”
Other articles you might enjoy:
- Clever: Rick Perry uses body art to mock Obama over forgetting national debt
- Shocking: Romney beats Obama: Middle-class advantage of 14 points
- Telling: When Obama was growing up, he spurned friendly overtures from white jocks who he thought were ‘making fun’ of him when they greeted him with,”Yo baby, give me five, ‘bullshit.'” His best friend accused him of being a fraud, himself, because he [Obama] could “talk his game,” with the best of them, if he was sweet-talking a teacher into giving him one more day on a term paper. Now Obama is asking, for more than one more day; he wants a whole term, four more years. College kids, like Obama, can spot “bullshit” a mile away. Will Obama be able to smooth talk them into giving him four more years? Read: Obama: Can ‘talking his game’ revive the youth vote of 2008?
- Radical: ‘A Muhammad cartoon a day’ will condition Islamists and reduce riots
- Exposed: ‘Meet the Obama you’ and poor blacks ‘don’t know’