Studio Synopsis ~ Set on an island off the coast of New England in the summer of 1965, “Moonrise Kingdom” follows two 12-year-olds who fall in love, make a secret pact and run away together into the wilderness. As various authorities try to hunt them down, a violent storm is brewing off-shore – and the peaceful island community is turned upside down in every which way.
Running Time: 94 minutes
Number of Disks: 2
– A Look Inside Moonrise Kingdom
– Welcome to the Island of New Penzance: Bob Balaban narrates a series of guided tours from the locations of Moonrise Kingdom featuring Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, and Wes Anderson.
– Set Tour with Bill Murray: Bill Murray personally takes viewers on a tour of the Moonrise Kingdom sets.
*Bonus Features Exclusive to Blu-ray: Unleash the power of your HDTV with perfect hi-def picture and perfect hi-def sound.
– UltraViolet™: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and instantly stream and download to TV’s, computers, tablets and smartphones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice. Currently available in the United States only.
– Digital Copy: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronics and portable devices including computers, iPad®, iPhone®, iPod™ touch, Android™ and more.
– BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to watch the latest trailers and more.
– pocket BLU app: The groundbreaking pocket BLU™ app uses iPad®, iPhone®, iPod® touch, Android™, PC and Mac® to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player. Plus iPad® and Android™ tablet owners can enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket BLU™ made especially to take advantage of the tablets’ larger screen and high resolution display. Consumers will be able to browse through a library of Blu-ray™ content and watch entertaining extras on-the-go in a way that’s bigger and better than ever before. pocket BLU™ offers advanced features such as:
*Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
*Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
*Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
*Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™ Hi-Def. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
*Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
– uHEAR™: Never miss another line of dialogue with this innovative feature that instantly skips back a few seconds on your Blu-ray™ disc and turns on the subtitles to highlight what you missed.
Brimming with feel-good fluidity, the lofty heights of young love, and all the trappings of Anderson’s whimsical finesse, “Moonrise Kingdom” trades in the director’s ultra witty style for a more heart-smart conveyance. Wes Anderson never ceases to ferret out the fabulous from the mundane as he cultivates little nuggets of quirk and charming awkwardness into keen recipes for Indie dishes.
And though former films such as “The Royal Tenenbaums” and “Fantastic Mr. Fox” have marginally chipped away at Anderson’s Indie veneer, moving him closer to the mainstream ilk, Kingdom effectively transports Anderson’s perpetual band of capricious characters back to the familiar shores of an island all their own. The usual Anderson alum fill the screen with brilliance – as only Murray, McDormand, and Schwartzman can – but it’s the central spiral performances by newcomers Jared Gilman and Kara Hayward that give Kingdom its dizzy-with-the-thought-of-you allure.
For all the above verbiage the extras menu is quite small. Containing only short bursts of behind the scenes looks and set tours, but nothing truly extraordinary. And with the massive amount of talent around, one would assume there were plenty of extras opportunities.
So with enough Anderson appeal to make for some great laughs, and all the muted colors of a faded 70’s photograph, “Moonrise Kingdom” will tug at your oh-to-be-thirteen heartstrings while providing a truly exceptional spectacle.
*Purchase this and other recently released titles locally at BEST BUY*
Central Cast: Bill Murray | Frances McDormand | Edward Norton | Bruce Willis | Jason Schwartzman | Harvey Keitel | Tilda Swinton
Director: Wes Anderson
Central Writers: Wes Anderson | Roman Coppola
Theatrical Release: June 29, 2012
Blu-Ray/DVD Release: October 16, 2012
Genre: Comedy | Drama | Romance
Supporting Cast and more Writers found HERE