Planning ahead for holiday gifts can save you money and help you make special gifts like carrot cake mix in a jar from your kitchen. Many families are facing financial difficulties, and surprising those you love with gifts in a jar is a great way to show you care and help them easy the burden on their grocery budget this holiday season.
Bring a little holiday spirit with carrot cake mix in a jar as a holiday gift. You do not even have to put this in a jar. A good zip locking freezer bag or food storage bag tied with ribbon and decorated with cute stickers corresponding with the contents of the gift. Do not forget to attach the recipe card to the bag with ribbon or tape.
This recipe for carrot cake mix will yield one gift in a jar.
Carrot cake mix gift in a jar recipe
Ingredients for carrot cake mix:
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 cups all-purpose white flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions to make the carrot cake mix in a jar gift:
- Layer ingredients in 1-quart Mason jar with tight fitting lid or 1-quart non-zip locking storage bag or food storage bag shaped into a cone in order listed above.
Add a tag to the jar or bag with these directions to make the carrot cake:
Carrot cake recipe
- Makes one 13×9-inch cake
- 1 package carrot cake mix
- 1½ cups vegetable oil or unsweetened applesauce
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 can (8-ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- Directions to make carrot cake:
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Spray 13×9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place Carrot Cake Mix in large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the mix and add the oil, eggs, carrots and pineapple. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool the cake and frost if desired or dust with powdered sugar.
- Best gifts in a jar to make for holiday giving: Brownie mix recipe
Click the Subscribe link to receive FREE notification whenever new articles or recipes are published by the Frugal Living Examiner, Family Examiner and Buffalo Family Holidays Examiner
Follow Better Frugal Living and Rachael’s Food Buzz on Facebook. Also follow Rachael on Twitter and Pinterest