For a true die-hard football fan there is nothing like being there in the stadium, beer in hand, watching one’s favorite team. Being there live of course is not always an option, so the next best thing is finding a great location to join other like minded sports fans while enjoying cool libations and delicious food.
Here are the top five places to watch a game and enjoy a beer as voted by the public on Yelp.com.
1. Dantanna’s – This upscale sports bar right is located next door to Lenox mall. It’s a great Happy Hour spot and is always busy with a good mixed crowd. Dantanna’s is an excellent spot to catch sporting event’s especially when it is Football/Basketball season, it is great for college and pro sports and the place is always packed on the weekends with fans. A few standouts are the fresh seafood bar with everything you can imagine and a 300 foot walk in Cigar lounge, with a decent selection of cigar’s. Dantanna’s comes highly recommend for anyone looking for a good sports bar with good food and a sophisticated crowd.
2. Taco Mac – Located well, everywhere around Metro Atlanta, for most football fans what is there not to like about Taco Mac? It’s a beautiful, successful concept that epitomizes Atlanta. Its humble start back in the Virginia Highlands makes it authentic and it hasn’t strayed far from its history and roots. Taco Mac is precisely the Atlanta beer bar experience, with some decent food and a spectacular revolving selection of beers. Great TVs all around, for pretty much any event you want to see. Patrons are universal sports fans, watching everything from European League football to cycling, rugby to golf, pool to your college/pro basketball, baseball, football and of course, hockey. And they have some of the best chicken wings around!
3. Brewhouse Cafe – This Little5 Points Pub is a favorite among those who prefer International football (soccer) over all else, though American football can also be seen, all while enjoying the day on the patio drinking their infamous “Painkillers” or a pitcher of your favorite brew. With a full menu and full bar it is a perfect hang on a sunny day. No need to fret the cold or rain though as heaters, fireplaces, and cover is used when needed.
4. Woofs on Piedmont – O.K. Something that is pretty rare when searching out a sports bar is one that “the gays” frequent. Well, welcome to Woof’s. For what some may consider a dying breed … a southern gay guy who enjoys sports and kicking back to drink a beer, this place proves them wrong. People go here to have a beer and watch the game. If you decide you are hungry, “surprisingly” they have decent food. Woofs is known as the gay Taco Mac. It is not frilly, nor a huge bar but is always a fun place to go. The drinks are very reasonable. If you enjoy football and enjoy watching the game at a bar, check it out.
5. Stats – STATS is a nice addition to a growing area of downtown near the aquarium. There are multiple levels and a nice rooftop deck with a view of Marietta Street and downtown. As a sports bar, Stats is great. For a big game or college football Saturday, it’s one of the better options in Atlanta and is a perfect stop before or after an event at Philips. All in all STATS is a good spot for beer, football and food.
Got a favorite sports bar? Leave a comment and let us know!