Ubisoft released a patch Tuesday for Assassin’s Creed III on the PS3 and Xbox 360 that it highly recommends gamers install before they begin playing.
“This day one update is designed to optimize your player experience,” a Ubisoft representative wrote on the game’s forums. “[It] is highly recommended.”
The patch includes numerous fixes to missions in Assassin’s Creed III that could prevent the player from being able to complete them. One humorous example is a NPC that is supposed to follow the player would fall into the water and drown instead.
Assassin’s Creed III launches today in North America and will land in Europe on Wednesday. The list of bug fixes minus spoiler material are below. You can check out the complete list at Ubisoft’s forums but we warn you now that there are spoilers listed there. Continue at your own risk.
- Animus Synching tutorial, fixed an issue where the player could think he’s stuck in an infinite loading when getting to Boston after the end credits
- Fixed a bug where counter-killing with the bow does not always work
- NPCs spawned too far away could end up being of the wrong type
- Camera could remain stuck after the player being respawned
- Player could remain stuck after diving from a waterfall
- Player could remain stuck if he exits a slopped hay stack at a certain angle
- player would always get immediately detected when performing an unarmed stealth assassination in another guard’s back
- Under rare circumstances, the crowd would stop spawning
- Fixed an animation glitch when interrupting the reception from high profile jump
- Fixed various occurrences of missing sounds
- In some cases, the Animus Database sound ambiance was not stopped when exiting
- Various stats and leaderboards were not showing up properly
- Online shop could sometimes appear empty if fetching the data from Xbox Live is taking too long
- Possible crash that could happen if the player blends in a crowd group where some NPCs haven’t spawned yet, and while blended performs a kill.
- Possible crash that could happen if the player triggered a loading while being in a covert escort formation with his brotherhood trainees
- Possble crash that could happen when calling a brotherhood trainee with the snipe ability
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed or email alerts.
Via: Ubisoft Forums