Envied by every athlete in the world and adored by a strong legion of fans, Jamaican Olympic sprinter Usain Bolt makes no secret of his love for dancehall music. He ‘Sweeps’ the floor after every victory, ‘Gully Creeps’ to the podium and ‘Nuh Lingas’ for the cameras. The fastest man on the planet proudly celebrates one of his country’s biggest exports – reggae music – at every opportunity.
Born and raised in the closely knit countryside parish of Trelawny, Jamaica (Population 74 000), Usain Bolt has always paid homage to his community and his beloved Dancehall/Reggae music. In April 2009, a few months after achieving Olympic glory and cementing his place an international sensation, Usain brought his newly-found fame back home and held a talent contest. Thousands of hopefuls brought their best stage performances in hopes of being picked by Trelawny’s most famous resident as the winner.
At the end of the grueling judging, only one clear favorite stood out. The winner was a young hopeful, also born and raised in Trelawny, going by the name Supreme. Supreme (real name, Tyrel Mclean) had accomplished something so huge that it would have been enough of an achievement for others to cherish. However, this wasn’t so for Supreme as he wanted to take his talents to new heights.
Fast-forward three years later and a move to Toronto, Canada and you find Supreme as one of the hottest up-and-coming dancehall reggae artists worldwide. Now an artist on the Spreez Music Group label in Canada, Supreme has managed to:
- Release a critically-acclaimed debut EP *available free for streaming/download via @SoundCloud http://soundcloud.com/tyrelsuprememclean/sets/solid_and_simple-the_ep
- Collaborate with some of the biggest names in the industry; the legendary Liv Up Records, Calado & Big Wayne (Bounty Killer’s Alliance), Darrio (Konshens’ SubKonshus Music) and more.
- Perform his many hits live on stage alongside heavyweights such as POPCAAN, MYA, TONY MATTERHORN, WAYNE WONDER, BUSY SIGNAL, CHINESE ASSASSIN, RED RAT, CAPLETON and more. WATCH SUPREME ON STAGE WITH MYA, POPCAAN & TONY MATTERHORN via @youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIfkvw2t30g
- His hit single PARTY TUN UP was awarded the title of the Official Caribana 2012 Party Song watch it’s official music video via @youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFMUd0sAykE
- Supreme’s somber single THIS IS FOR THE WORLD featuring the SMG All Stars was awarded the title of Best Toronto Peace Song by the multicultural website 2ronto.com http://www.2ronto.com/newsite/original-content/film-music-reviews/2rontocom-chooses-best-toronto-anti-violence-peace-song-2012-supreme-this-is-for-the-world
It is safe to say that Usain Bolt would be proud of what his fellow countrymen is achieving today.
You can listen to his latest track, Proud To Be Jamaican on the Overtime Riddim (Patrick ‘Roach’ Samuels, JA Productions) via Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tyrelsuprememclean/supreme-proud-to-be-a-jamaican
To book Supreme, contact PR North Music at (647) 688-0123 or through firstname.lastname@example.org