For the second week in a row, fun is Number One on both the Billboard Alternative Rock Digital Songs Chart and the Billboard Alternative Rock Albums/CDs Chart, compiled by Nielsen SoundScan. The hit single is the title track from the band’s CD Some Nights. The CD by fun actually gains in sales this week, and is bulleted at Number Two on the combined Top Rock Albums/CDs chart. On the all-inclusive Billboard 200, Some Nights moves from 11 to 9 in its 28th week on the chart.
Here are the top Alternative Rock Digital Songs and Albums/CDs from Billboard as of 06 September
Top Ten Alternative Rock Digital Songs
- (1) fun—Some Nights +
- (2) Neon Trees—Everybody Talks G +
- (3) Alex Clare—Too Close G
- (4) Goyte Featuring Kimbra—Somebody That I Used To Know 5P +
- (6) The Lumineers—Ho Hey
- (5) Mumford And Sons—I Will Wait
- (7) Of Monsters And Men—Little Talks
- (9) fun Featuring Janelle Monae—We Are Young 5P +
- (12) Imagine Dragons—It’s Time
- (10) AWOLNATION—Sail G =
Top Ten Alternative Rock Albums/CDs
- (1) fun—Some Nights +
- (2) The Lumineers—The Lumineers
- NEW Circa Survive—Violent Waves
- (3) Of Monsters and Men—My Head Is An Animal
- (4) Linkin Park—Living Things
- (5) Mumford And Sons—Sigh No More 2P 2=
- NEW Minus The Bear—Infinity Overhead
- (10) The Black Keys—El Camino
- NEW Divine Fits—A Thing Called Divine Fits
- (12) Imagine Dragons—Continued Silence
Music chart legend
The first number is this week’s position, and the second number is last week’s position. If the song or CD is in bold, it is gaining in radio airplay or units sold when compared to the previous weeks data.
A “+“ represents at least 26 weeks on the chart, and a ”=” signifies at least 52 weeks on the chart, with a number in front of the symbol representing the number of years on the chart.
The letters represent certifications, as G is for gold, or 500,000 downloads or CDs sold, and P is for Platinum, or 1,000,000 downloads or CDs sold, with the number in front of the P representing how many million have been sold.
97 X presenting the Green Room—One Night Only
On Friday, 21 September, 97 X (97.1 FM, WSUN) will present an acoustic concert at Ruth Eckerd Call as part of the stations Green Room series. There will be numerous acts at the show, and tickets are free. However, listeners must listen to find out where the ticket drops will be. For more information on the show, click here.
For more information
For more information on ticket drop locations, Alternative Rock music, Alternative Rock artists, and Alternative Rock news, visit the 97 X website. For more information on the world of music, including, songs, artists, charts, and news, be sure to visit Billboard Magazine’s website.