Our world seems to be growing more and more complex with greater and greater demands on our resources. Careers, family, finances, and social obligations are just a few of the aspects of life that compete for our time and energy. Living a spiritual life, connected to Source, the Universe, or God can be challenging in a world where human beings have become “human doings.” One of the most powerful ways to quickly align oneself with Source is to practice dwelling in gratitude.
The prophet Muhammad said, “Gratitude for the abundance you have received is the best insurance that the abundance will continue.” Students and practitioners of Law of Attraction understand that thoughts are vibrations which attract unto themselves similar thoughts and experiences. Like attracts like. And so it is with gratitude. In turning our thoughts to expressions of gratitude, we automatically and instantly send out powerful vibrations which begin to attract only what is good and contributes to our higher purpose. In those moments when we feel bogged down by feelings of lack, unworthiness, and despair, if we simply take a deep breath and open our hearts to express gratitude for the goodness in our lives, everything around us is instantly transformed.
Try to experience the transformative power of gratitude in this very moment. Give yourself a few minutes to take stock of your life. What goodness are you experiencing in your life at this moment? Are you in good health? Do you live in comfortable home? Do you share your life with friends and family who love you? In just a few seconds, we can all become present to many things in our lives for which to be grateful. But, living in gratitude takes this practice to a much deeper level when we become profoundly aware that everything in our lives is given to us by God, Source, the Universe, or whatever you personally call the Divine Creator. Everything in our lives is gift, and everything is inextricably connected to Source. When we honor Source with our heartfelt gratitude, we step into the most sacred core of our being and live in alignment with the Divine Creator in such a way that we are capable of manifesting the abundance and prosperity that is the greatest desire of our hearts.
Here are five simple ways to begin practicing gratitude on a daily basis:
- Begin and end each day in gratitude. As you wake each morning and before you fall asleep, bring to mind three things for which you are grateful.
- Say “Thank You” often and mean it. Throughout your day, express your thanks to those who serve you and help you—the Muni driver, the barista, your coworkers, etc.
- Invite others to express their gratitude. One mother uses her time in the car with her children to ask them to share their expressions of gratitude. Another family expresses gratitude during mealtimes.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Make it a practice to write down your expressions of gratitude in a beautiful journal. When you’re feeling down in the dumps, read through your expressions of gratitude for an easy way to refocus your energy.
- Take the 30-Day Gratitude Challenge. For 30 days, write one card or letter each day to someone who has made a difference in your life. Check out the 30-Day Gratitude Challenge website for more information about joining send-out cards for the challenge or simply take the challenge on your own.
By giving thanks with a truly grateful heart, you can unlock the door to a life of abundance and prosperity in all good things.