Shape and tone your body all day—not just during your workout or bootcamp. There’s many things you can do to burn fat and improve your body during the day.
Coming Saturday, November 3, 2012, you can get after it at Conquer Fitness’ Halloween Hangover Bootcamp in Round Rock, Texas. If you haven’t been working out much, you can do some things this week so the bootcamp is not a miserable experience for you.
You don’t need any heavy weights and fancy equipment to get it done. Take advantage of all the time you have available to you during the day to burn more fat and sculpt your body. And, you know that you must follow your fat burning meal plan to be successful with any fitness program.
Here are 7 things you can do to get ready for the bootcamp:
1. Improve your posture–sitting, standing, walking and running. Brace your torso all the time (like you’re preparing to take a punch in the gut). This is great core work all day, every day.
2. Walk 30 minutes every day. In my opinion, walking continues to be an underutilized exercise option for many. Walk whenever you can instead of riding. It helps keep your fat-burning enzymes active during the day.
3. Run some interval cardio sprints. Sprinting activates the bulkier, shapely fast-twitch muscle fibers. Ten to twenty minutes will get the job done. You will get more fat-burning benefits if you run on ground instead of machines.
4. Jump rope. Jump rope is a very underrated exercise that is good for fat burning, total body sculpting, hand-eye coordination and balance. You can jump rope every day (two feet, one foot, shuffle, slalom, alternating feet, etc.). Speed jump roping is even better.
5. Keep your medicine balls with you. Workout with your medicine balls as much as possible. Medicine ball exercises are athletic in nature and shape your body in all 3 planes of motion. Do as many of these exercises in a standing position to burn more fat and better sculpt your body. These exercises are good for warm-up and workouts.
6. Do bodyweight exercises. Squats, lunges, pull-ups, chin-ups, triceps dips on bars, pushups, planks, glute bridges, cobras, mountain climbers, etc. really burn fat and naturally sculpt your body. Bodyweight exercises allow you to balance and stabilize your body with no help from machines. And you can do them at home while watching television.
7. Do some jump training (plyometrics). You need to perfect jumping and landing techniques or you will injure yourself. And, if you have knee and low back problems, high-speed jump training is not for you.
Try this plyometric workout (rest 30 seconds between exercises):
–jump rope, two feet, full speed, 1 minute
–squat jumps, 10, full speed
–lunge jumps, 10, full speed
–side-to-side hops, 10, full speed
–jumping jacks, 30 seconds, full speed
Rest 3 minutes between circuits. Repeat the circuit 2 more times–20 minutes total workout time. Take more rest between exercises or circuits if needed.
See you at the bootcamp Saturday!
Call now to reserve your spot at Halloween Hangover Fitness Bootcamp!
1920 Sam Bass Rd #700, Round Rock, TX 78681