Like Best Friends Animal Society? Like Las Vegas? Looking for some way to help homeless animals in your area and need some advice to do in more efficiently? That is what the 2012 No More Homeless Pets National Conference is for.
If you have not registered yet, the current conference price is $325 – which just happens to be the same low price as was charged for last year’s conference. Comparatively speaking, in 2011 more than 1,300 people attended this inspirational conference on saving the lives of homeless animals. The attendees spread the good word and with new ideas and contacts under their belts, they formulated proven ways to help save animals in their own communities.
This year, Best Friends has a brand new format with both new and back-by-popular-demand speakers in tow. They will present critical topics and valuable opportunities to meet and connect with like-minded people.
This year’s conference is scheduled to begin on Thursday afternoon, October 25th and end on Saturday, October 27th. There will be additional, optional workshops available on Sunday that will be free-of-charge for conference registrants. The Sunday sessions prove to be powerful. They are aimed to focus on how to address the problem of puppy mills, generate grassroots advocacy for community cats, stop breed discrimination and implement innovative ways to improve animal behavior. This day will offer a more detailed learning experience if you are able to stay this extra day.
Additionally, there will be optional pre- and post-conference visits to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. Best Friends is a safe haven for 1,700 animals in Kanab, Utah, amidst the majestic red rock canyons.
The conference has seven tracks to choose from:
- Journey to No-Kill Communities: Case Studies
- Marketing Matters: Tools and Tips for Saving More Lives
- Empty Cages: Keeping Pets out of Shelters
- Adoption and Fostering: Finding Good Homes for Pets
- Making Money: Funding Your Animal Rescue Work
- Animal Care and Behavior: Understanding and Caring for Homeless Pets
- Innovation: New Solutions to Old Problems
The highlights of the 2012 conference will be to:
· Be inspired by experts in the animal rescue business.
· Learning capabilities about animal adoptions, fostering, animal behavior, marketing, fundraisers, etc.
· Make new connections with like-minded individuals that could possibly work with you.
· Attend information sessions that teach you to use technology and social media to save more lives.
· Access before and after the conference to the No More Homeless Pets Conference Community allowing you to search for other attendees from your home state, introduce discussion topics, chat about the conference details, suggest meet-ups and connect with other passionate animal rescuers.
Hope you are able to attend the 2012 No More Homeless Pets National Conference where hope, hearts and minds will come together to save lives.